Jerry

Guest greyhoundgal

Guest greyhoundgal

Jerry raced at Flapper tracks in the West of Scotland, after his racing career ended he was abandonded, he lived rough in a park for a few years, surviving on food donations from nearby residents and the odd duck from the pond! He refused to let anyone catch him, but finally gave in when the weather just got too cold for him. Once rescued he decided that he liked humans afterall, and promptly took over my house :rolleyes: He loved my daughter most of all and every morning he would steal her schoolbag from the chair and take it into his bed, I think he thought that if she didnt have her bag she wouldnt leave the house. Eventually the racing and living rough took its toll on Jerry's poor bones, we did what we could for him, but the pain just got to much and we had to let him go. I loved every minute we had with Jerry and he looked as if he loved it too.

Jerry

41404beb.jpg

Jerry with one of his rescuers

da67ad46.jpg

Guest PiagetsMom

I'm sorry :grouphug Despite his less than ideal life, Jerry knew the love of a home and his family - that's a good thing, for him and for you.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. :(

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

f_yellow Rest in peace, Jerry f_yellow

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I'm very sorry for your loss. :grouphug He was a lucky boy to share your hearts and home. :beatheart Godspeed, sweet Jerry... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I'm so sorry for your loss of Jerry. He was very handsome. Godspeed Jerry! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

what a beautiful memory of Jerry taking your daughter's lunch...hoping she would stay home!!! that's an incredible bond they had.

May the memories of Jerry remain alive forever in your hearts. My sympathy to you all.

Soar high Jerry.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

I'm sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Sounds like Jerry had a life like a novel, with lots of big adventures and changes in direction, and a happy ending surrounded by those he loved and who loved him back just as much.

:bighug :bighug :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest houndstooth4

What an exceptional fellow! I love that you chose to celebrate his life. It sounds like he was truly happy to have finally found you. I'm very sorry for your loss. Letting them go is the hardest part, no matter how long you've had them. :f_pink

Guest argolola

I'm so sorry for the loss of your handsome boy. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Please take comfort in knowing that you gave him love and a wonderful home.