Vader, My Foster Boy

Guest crazy4greys

Guest crazy4greys

I can't believe I am writing this :crying

This morning I recieved a phone call from the vet, Vader was neutered yesterday. He said he had bad news and I knew exactly what he was going to say. I had this awful feeling yesterday when I dropped him off that something was going to happen. Vader passed away at 4:37am this morning. :crying

He was up and walking around last night at 10pm and again at 3am when he was checked on. When they went back at 4am, he was down. They couldn't do anything to save him. They think he may have had a blood dissorder or something where he wasn't clotting properly. :crying

I left work early as I could not concentrate and went to say goodbye to Vader. I told him how sorry I was that this had happened and that I loved him like he was my own. I told him to look for Phoenix & Autumn and they will enjoy running with you. :crying

The vets office is going to cremate him for me so he will finally have a forever home. My heart is just breaking. I can't belive this is really happening. I expect a call to say he is ready to go home. :brokenheart

Run free my sweet Vader 8/12/2004-7/3/2008 :f_red:gh_run:f_red

I will always remember you! :heart

FosterDogs390.jpg

Edited by crazy4greys

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry to hear this. At least he had his litter mate to greet him when he passed. I'm sure they are playing happily now.

I have to admit that this is my greatest fear everytime I leave a foster to be spayed or neutered. I know that hundreds of dogs have this simple surgery everyday, but it is surgery just the same.

Sending white light and comfort to you and your family.

:grouphug

Run free, sweet boy.

:gh_run

Measure wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you would not take money.

I'm so sorry :cry1:grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest VelvetEars

I'm so very sorry to read this. :( But it's not like you could have done anything to prevent it, you know? I'm just glad that he was in a home and living it up before his surgery - even if he never knew it would be the only home he'd know. At least he had the joy of soft beds, good food, and lots of love. I'm willing to bet that Trish was right there waiting for him.

I'm so sorry.

:grouphug:f_pink:grouphug

Donna

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Guest TBSFlame
I'm so sorry to hear this. At least he had his litter mate to greet him when he passed. I'm sure they are playing happily now.

I have to admit that this is my greatest fear everytime I leave a foster to be spayed or neutered. I know that hundreds of dogs have this simple surgery everyday, but it is surgery just the same.

Sending white light and comfort to you and your family.

:grouphug

Run free, sweet boy.

:gh_run

I remember when Memmie went in to be spayed. I was so worried.

I remember when Party Gal (my foster) was there they called and b/c they didn't get the procedure done until late in the day they wanted to keep her overnight. Kathy told them NO. She slept on the floor with her all night so she could be watched.

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet foster. He was beautiful.

Edited by TBSFlame

JoAnne- How heartbreaking. Vader knew love from you....run free sweet Vader. The heavens will have a new star tonight!!!!

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

:( I am so very sorry for your loss.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.