Beyond The Everyday Eargasms

Ok, here is how it started.....I came home from work Monday and Logan shoves his head between my legs a demands ear scritches. I thought to myself that he was being a bit pushy but just figured he had a particular itch that was bugging him. :dunno So anyway, later that night I notice that he is shaking his head several times within an hour. I go and get a couple of cotton balls and check his ears. Nothing, no ear wax, no blood, no anything. So Tuesday I notice that he is holding his head kinda to the side and is still shaking his head. I get a light and peek in his ear, it is not red or hot or stinky. So tonight I come home and Gypsy is now starting to shake her head. I made a vet appt for tomorrow at 5:00 but what could this be??????

Everyday-4.jpg

Allergies? bug bite?

Teddy has always had ichy ear syndrome but no one knows why.

Hope you get to the bottom of it, fast and easy!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Have your vet check really deep in their ears. Especially if they are outside in grass at all. We used to get small grass seeds in our Danes ears and they acted just like that. Once the vet had to sedate one to get the seed out, it was that deep in her ear.

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

You didn't by chance do flea and tick treatments Monday, did you?

Nope, they had their Frontline a couple of weeks ago. Late last night, Gypsy's right eye seemed glassy and she was squinting. My best guess is allergies, but why all of a sudden and why only 1 ear and 1 eye?

Everyday-4.jpg

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Spencer used to have ear problems and it ended up being super deep in his ears - they would get clogged with ear wax. On the other hand, Emmy, my Airedale Terrier mix has always held her head funny and shaken her head and the vet always says she's fine but has a lot of hair in her ears. Let us know what the vet says!

Allergies, mites, water in the ears if they've been swimming. There's no way to diagnose that without one of those ear peaker things with the light!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

The vet says Logans ears look just fine, no sign of mites or infection. We are going to give them both Benadryl for a few days. The vet was most concerned about Gypsy's eye. I took a couple of photos and showed him along with my best description. She is getting drops several times a day and if it is not any better by Saturday, she has to see the vet. So mostly good news.

Everyday-4.jpg

Could it be a small weed or pollen? When I walk Carl he likes to walk under bushes and often comes out with flower petals, leaves and pollen all over his head. After I clean him off I check inside his ears and a few times he's had stuff caught in them, it makes him shake his head, but I can usually can get it out of his ears.

Good luck!

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014