Spencer Is At The E-vet

Guest Spencers_Greyt

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Spencer! :(

Hope he is feeling better soon. Keeping you guys in thoughts and prayers.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Update #3 and hopefully the last one!

Talked to vet and Spencer does not have pancreatitus but unfortunately he did have another bout of bloody diarreah. But the vet said he's improving despite that and not dehydrated any longer. So I got to take Spencer home on a special diet and continuing on meds. They left the iv catheter in just in case and if he does well then I will bring him in tomorrow to have it removed. As usual, this is a big mystery. It happened in late January too but without the blood in the diarreah. So I'm frustated as I don't know what caused it so don't know how to prevent it! Emmy & Clyde are both fine.

Thank you very much for all your prayers and well wishes. I truly believe Spencer was uplifed by them and is on the mend because of them! And they soothed my soul very much!

Well, that's great that he gets to come home. I'm sure you'll both be so relieved, and Spencer will be under a lot less stress once he's on his own couch!

*Now the bugs have all gone, out the icky end, and Spencer is AAAAAAALLLLLL better! :bounce: *

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

So good to hear he is home with you. He's in our prayers and hoping he feels much better. And thank you for the updates

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Hoping Spencer recovers uneventfully and quickly. Kisses for him and hugs for you!

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

So happy your little man is back home. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Smiley

What good news that Spencer is home! I hope he continues to get better and better and hopefully what is a bit of a mystery will mysteriously resolve itself very, very soon. Hugs to you and Spencer!

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Spencer slept uneventfully last night. He had diarreah again this morning but no blood and he ate his special canned food. I took him in to have the IV catheter removed and he's been resting all day. Looks like he's out of the woods now.

You have all been so wonderful! It's so great knowing there's other people out there who love their greyhounds as much as I love mine! I think some people think I'm nuts and turning into that "old lady in the house with all the dogs" but I don't care. Spencer is my baby boy and every day I look at him and it brings tears to my eyes I love him so much. The thought of him leaving me makes me literally sick to my stomach. Thank you all so much!

Guest Smiley
:clap Yay for good news! And there is nothing wrong with being the crazy lady with dogs-DH and I have learned to accept that we are the crazy dog-lovers with no kids! :lol

Spencer slept uneventfully last night. He had diarreah again this morning but no blood and he ate his special canned food. I took him in to have the IV catheter removed and he's been resting all day. Looks like he's out of the woods now.

That's great news. Colitis, in mild or severe forms, acute or chronic, is miserable for all parties. We've gone through it & it ain't no fun for sure. In our case it has blessedly been absent for 9 mos. (Yes, I am counting.) We switched to no grains & that seemed to do the trick for my girl. It would be lovely if you could find such a simple solution for Spencer.

Sending well, non-inflammatory wishes for Spencer.

Were there any changes in Spencer's diet before these two incidents? Anything you gave him that he doesn't always get or something like that? Also, I'm assuming your vet gave him panacur and flagyl just in case he has a parasite that didn't turn up on the fecal. If not, I would recommend treating with a longer course of panacur just in case.

If nothing else turns up, I'd second the suggestion to try a no-grain diet. Dogs aren't really meant to process grains, certainly not in the quantities we feed them, so it could be the culprit.

Hope Spencer is back to normal in no time!

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."