Bell's Scary Xrays

Yesterday we had Bell (our almost 14-year-old) girl's back and pelvis xrayed to see if there is a disk problem in her back. There is, but that's not the scary part. The scary part is the "inconclusive" incidental pics of her tummy, which show a possible mass on her abdomen. The radiologist says it might just be her thigh muscles in the way (as these were not intended to be abdominal pics, her legs were not in the right position) and that we need more films to be sure. So we are going in Monday for more pics. Luckily she is still eating heartily and enjoying play and walks, so I am just going to keep all my fingers and toes crossed that this is a false alarm.

Still, I am so worried about my poor baby girl. She has been through so much in her life already and she is the gentlest, sweetest soul I have ever met, human or canine.

Good wishes and white light are requested.

Melissa, Penelope (LC's Wild Rose)

Missing sweet Bell (EMK Bolivar Bell). I'll never forget you.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

{image removed, taller than 150px}

How 'bout a chant?

*Silly Bell! Get your big ol' leg muskells outta the way! Next x-ray will show nothing but your lovely, trim, properly arranged and accounted for innards! Not so much as a wad of stuffy fluff in the way! :D Silly Bell! Get your big ol' leg muskells outta the way! Next x-ray will show nothing but your lovely, trim, properly arranged and accounted for innards! Not so much as a wad of stuffy fluff in the way! :D Silly Bell! Get your big ol' leg muskells outta the way! Next x-ray will show nothing but your lovely, trim, properly arranged and accounted for innards! Not so much as a wad of stuffy fluff in the way! :D*

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Lots and lots of prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Chanting and praying like crazy. I do want to share with you...they thought that Angel Sophia had a very large abdominal mass when they did radiographs on her. They then did an abdominal ultrasound which showed everything was fine. What they were seeing was a congenital type thingy where a portion of her bowel was looped upward...but no masses were identified. My heart and prayers are with you and your sweet baby girl.:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

What Xan said!

Melissa, I'll be sending lots of white light clear across the country to your sweet girl. You're so right, we can only imagine what she went through in those horrible Katrina days before she was rescued. But she's a lucky (and brave) hound. She had a chance at a whole new life, and what a wonderful one she found, with someone who loves and appreciates her for the true lady that she is.

While I don't think any of us are as brave as she is, and it's so hard when you're afraid for your precious little old lady, try not to worry TOO much. We'll be hoping that she is just fine.

Hugs to Bell and to you.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

When they xrayed Ace for possible kidney stones, a portion of her stomach showed up in the xray and they saw a suspicious donut shaped item in her tummy :unsure We went back for more specifically targeted films and they gave her barium too just in case, and it turned out to be nothing, it was likely a pocket of food with an air bubble in the middle of it :dunno Boy did they have me scared though...possible diagnoses were pocket of food, foreign object, or cancer. Thank goodness it was something that left!

Here's hoping Bell has the same outcome!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest Spiff

I hope that Bell will be just fine!!

We had a similar scary x-ray episode with Spiff. He had to have x-rays to see if he had kidney or bladder stones which would cause him to have frequent UTIs. It turned out that he didn't have stones, but in the x-ray we could see a needle of some sort in his lower chest area!! Who knows what it is?? A sewing needle? A hypodermic? We'll never know, because we decided if it wasn't bothering him in any noticeable way, that we would just leave it there. It's been several years, and no sign of any problems.

I'll be thinking of you and Bell!!

Edited by Spiff

Guest vahoundlover

Joining Xan in the chant

How 'bout a chant?

*Silly Bell! Get your big ol' leg muskells outta the way! Next x-ray will show nothing but your lovely, trim, properly arranged and accounted for innards! Not so much as a wad of stuffy fluff in the way! :D Silly Bell! Get your big ol' leg muskells outta the way! Next x-ray will show nothing but your lovely, trim, properly arranged and accounted for innards! Not so much as a wad of stuffy fluff in the way! :D Silly Bell! Get your big ol' leg muskells outta the way! Next x-ray will show nothing but your lovely, trim, properly arranged and accounted for innards! Not so much as a wad of stuffy fluff in the way! :D*

:bighug

Sending good thoughts!!

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Guest Redpack

Try not to worry too much. Eating and drinking normally has to be a good thing. Thinking good thoughts for your Bell.

Good thoughts, white lights and prayers for your sweet girl.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Thank you for all your good wishes. Miss Bell is feeling better today ate all of her food and a good portion of my breakfast as well.

Melissa, Penelope (LC's Wild Rose)

Missing sweet Bell (EMK Bolivar Bell). I'll never forget you.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

{image removed, taller than 150px}