One Year Ago Today...

Guest Tenderhearts

Guest Tenderhearts

I lost my beloved Skittle at the tender age of 5. I have tried and tried to put together a video in honor of her memory, but it's still too raw, even after a year. :cry1

I did find the packet of all the puppy pictures her original mom took as she was fostering pregnant momma dog and subsequently helped whelp that litter.

I have them scanned, but they are on my pc that is being repaired right now. I will add them to this post, and perhaps a few more pictures when I get the computer back.

I think it's no small coincidence that Randy, Amber, and I are going to a gathering of greyhound friends later today. Randy will be able to see the wonderful people who tended him the 2 1/2 years he was at Race The Wind, waiting for someone to adopt him.

Randy was inconsolable after losing his cuddle buddy, his beloved pitbull sister. He has healed, and I hope eventually I will too.

I am looking forward to laughter, love, and making new friends today.

Guest greyt2love

Devon, I remember when you lost Skittles. I was just lurking then, but had been doing so for quite some time, and saw all the stories of her. May your heart remember all the good times even as you make new memories to day .

Deb

Guest Snowy8

I still have a hard time wrapping my brain around this one...she was so full of life. Its comforting to know though that when my pups crossed the bridge, she was one of the ones meeting & greeting!

It seems like yesterday DeVon. How fast the time goes when we aren't looking then it sneaks up on us....

Hugs from the Miami Clan

Still my favorite picture of the Pink Princess

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest formercatlady

WOW - I cannot believe it has been a year :(

I miss the Fruitbat stories, but I'm sure it doesn't compare to how you feel :grouphug

I hope you had a good time today.

Guest vahoundlover

Where does the time go? I can't believe it's been a year. :grouphug:grouphug Skittle, you beautiful vibrant crazy girl, I still can't believe your gone. So many of your GT friends have since joined you at the Bridge...I know you all are wooping it up and having a big time. When you get the chance send your mom a whisper.

:f_pink

We'll never forget Skittle :beatheart

:grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

:grouphug Skittle :grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Skittle :wub: loved and remembered by many.

:grouphug

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

I miss the Princess of Pinkness too. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest KateWantsaGrey

It was such a huge shock the day I read that the fruit bat had passed away. I remember being blown away. I still am. And I am so sorry for your loss, some times a year can still feel like yesterday.

Guest houndstooth4

I can't believe it either. I loved reading of her exploits, and especially those pictures of her! She was a one of a kind! :f_pink

Guest TuxsMom

oh no!!! I was absent from greytalk during that time and had no idea! I have been wondering about Fruitbat, her stories always made me smile..

I am so very very sorry :grouphug

:cry1f_yellow

Has it been a year already?

Definitely one of the most memorable characters on GT. She is sorely missed :grouphug

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound