Extreme Shedding When Nervous

My grey hardly sheds but this past time i brought her to the nursing home when she is with certain people she seems to shed a lot when they pet her. Could she be nervous around certain people? Is that possible for them to shed when nervous or anxious? I have never seen so much hair come off of her and we have had her about a year now.

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜

Very common. mine even do it at M&Gs.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest guinness_the_greyt

YES YES YES!!!! It's great to tell someone that hounds don't shed much and then they touch a nervous hound at the m&g and he is just blowing his coat! :lol

Yep, at the vet's office every time.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Nora drops hair when she's nervous, but the funniest was my first dog: she was a lab/husky mix with LOTS of undercoat. We went to a friends' summer home once, and she had to ride on the mail boat to get there. All the poor people on that boat with us were SO kind, as a storm of white fur came flying off our dog! They just calmly brushed it away from their faces, while I was madly apologizing, and trying to keep Sophie from getting wedged under my seat. So I think that hair loss is in direct proportion to the level of fear! :lol :lol

"Mrs. Bass was a poor teacher, a phrase which here does not mean "a teacher who doesn't have a lot of money" but "a teacher who is obsessed with the metric system." --Lemony Snicket

"Do you want to convert from the hydrocarbon economy to the carbohydrate economy?" --Rep. Jim Oberstar

Guest greytkidsmom

Oh yeah! We call Kebo "dandruff butt" because whenever we are out (the vet, M&G, etc), his butt is covered with dandruff and shedding hair. I think I am going to start carrying one of those lint rollers with us when we travel :)

Oh yeah! My Kramer would shed buckets when we flew to Nantucket on the little Cessnas! It was so embarassing--we'd get off the plane and leave a pile of fur behind!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Totally normal. I've been told it's called "blowing coat", by some folks. It's kind of funny at M&G. All these "low shed" dogs blowing hair everywhere.

Sobe (black) also does the dandruff thing when he's nervous. Flakes magically appear all over his butt, even if he's just been brushed, bathed, and has been having fishoil regularly.

Absolutely!!! Trips to the vet are always major "shedding events" for mine. Lizzie, my little black girl, does the same thing as Sobe (see above). My advice, don't get dressed for work if you have to go the vet first!!!!

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Oh yes. And dandruff too.

When I brought Betsy home from the kennel, the back seat of my car (covered in a dark blue sheet) looked like there'd been a snowstorm.

At dog school, Cora sheds like crazy. Tally has a major dandruff attack--huge flakes. Some of the others have had similar symptoms.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)