Argos Is Home

Picked Argos up last night and he showed almost no effect from the anesthesia which is pretty unusual for him. The tech, who LOVES Argos, said he woke up fast and was perky within a couple of hours. His teeth look just lovely, but his ear looks kinda sad. I slept on the futon in the tv room with him last night and he tried to scratch his ear a couple of times, but he is wearing a collar today to prevent that. It does not keep him from shaking his head though, so if he insists on shaking too much, we'll have to keep him doped for a week or so. Fingers crossed I will not have to do that!

A few photos for your viewing pleasure.

As soon as we got home, he headed right to his favorite bed and gave me the most pathetic face he could muster up:

Argosearbuttons.jpg

Got him upstairs and onto the futon, where he immediately tried to rub his ear on the blanket, pretending he was just "sleeping":

Argosearonfuton.jpg

A close-up of the buttons keeping his ear closed while it heals:

Argosearcloseup.jpg

And here he is this morning, stripped of dignity:

Argosdonut.jpg

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

Argos, you manage to make that quite the "look"! Very distinguished. Take it easy on your mom--play by the rules for 3 weeks--and then it'll be all done!

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Sending hugs and scritches to Argos. He looks so much like my Alan.

I think that whenever I see your posts! They could be twins! I love the fawns.

Guest greytexplorer

New photo captions:

And here is the handsome Argos, modeling the newest style of man-bling: button earrings!! Soon to be all the rage!

The last photo shows Argos modeling the new line of fashionable QuiltCollars! Perfect for those quiet Sunday afternoon drives when a greyhound must doze off, or when going on a Saturday morning Promenade and a greyhound MUST have the perfect LOOKATME accessory!

:D

New photo captions:

And here is the handsome Argos, modeling the newest style of man-bling: button earrings!! Soon to be all the rage!

The last photo shows Argos modeling the new line of fashionable QuiltCollars! Perfect for those quiet Sunday afternoon drives when a greyhound must doze off, or when going on a Saturday morning Promenade and a greyhound MUST have the perfect LOOKATME accessory!

:D

:lol:lol LOVE IT!

Those buttons are amazing... I have never seen such a thing.

I hadn't either! When my dane mix had the same issue, the vet did all this intricate stitching through his ear, but no buttons. This was definitely new to me! I'll let everyone know if it works.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

Oh poor baby! That collar will annoy him, and I'm sure it won't be fun for you either, but I couldn't help laughing, he looks so cute! :wub:

Thank you for the update! Glad to read that the surgery went well. :) Isn't it a relief?!?! I was so pleased to see Merlin acting a bit more like himself today. He was soooooooo out of it all of last night... and he had surgery yesterday morning. I guess Argos is just more of a tough cookie :-)

Good boy Argos! :kiss2 Hope your ear heals soon.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Awww...heal swiftly Sweetie. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest paulamariez

Oh my gosh, I thought those looked like buttons! Never saw such thing! Poor guy! He can really make himself look so sad and pathetic! But I am truly glad to hear of a good dental outcome, as there's been some nasty recovery stories on the board of late, and my Bueller's going in for a badly needed dental tomorrow. I will keep your beautiful boy Argus in my prayers for a quick and complete healing! Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending Argus some get well quick doggie kisses too!

Guest greyindy

Love the soft pillow collar :) The buttons are a really neat thing too. Hope he heals quickly without any problems.

Guest RavenRacersMom

What a sweet baby doll! He does give a good look, "I cannot believe this is happening to me" look. Just wonderful!

Guest greyt2love

I just fell in love with Argus when I saw his pictures for Secret Bunny and I am so glad everything is going well. Never saw the button method before but it's kind of cute - button bling !!!

Poor Baby I hope you feel better real soon.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

the buttons look kind of cute! I remember someone's grey getting a button on their eyelid, but I can't remember whose it was

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Awhh, poor Argos! He is definitely doing his greyhound best to garner as much sympathy as he can!

The buttons are definitely a first for me as well. Keep us posted on his progress!

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."