Honoring Carrier

LadyBailey

I have been meaning to post photos of how we are honoring and remembering Carrier and how we find it really comforting and today I finally did! The last few weeks have been hard. I've been mad, sad, feeling guilty... you name it, the emotion has passed over me. I know that feeling all too well of missing them so much that it takes your breath away. It happened to me a few times last week. My emotions come in waves... actually more like tidal waves... I can be thinking about Carrier and laughing and then immediately break down.... and I let myself... I let it all out and cry so bloody hard ... I have never in my 32 years cried like this and we have lost close family, but for me... Carrier was my boy, my heart and my soul... it was an honor caring for him and having him in our lives.

And now it's my honor to continue to keep his spirit alive and strong just like when he was physically here. When Carrier left us, the first thing we did was pull out even more photos of him and added them to where his candle burned since he was diagnosed. Soon after he left us, cards and flowers arrived for our boy and those too were

added to what was becoming the "shrine" ...the photos, his candle, pj's, CoG blanket, Lambies and collars. Then Carrier came home... his beautiful urn that we choose especially for him. A granite stone

with two candles that symbolized him being our second dog. The granite was so organic looking - it resembled the earth, air, water, grass, animals... all those beautiful things that Carrier loved. And

it was heavy! Just like him when Tim had to carry him - how appropriate we thought :)... but not only was it heavy, it was solid - rock solid - just like Carrier. It cost a fortune :) , but we didn't care - this was for Carrier. We also had an impression of his beautiful strong paw that carried him through this journey. All of these beautiful memories soon created quite the shrine to our boy.

After Carrier left us, the spring flowers started blooming, so every few days a new bouquet or two or three adorn his shrine. I go out every day and cut fresh flowers for him and add them to the arrangements. If we are home, his candles are lit. We tell him goodnight as we go up to bed and that we love him. We sort of worship him :) and it feels good. We have been looking for the perfect memory box so we can add all of his things when we are ready - but for now they adorn our home. I have been taking photos because I want to remember what everything looked like when we were going through this... each day I take a photo when new flowers are add or

new cards arrive. I want to share these photos with you.

My God we miss him, but we will surely never, ever forget him - not even for a minute. He might not be here for us to hug but when you walk into our home, you know that a very special boy lived here. His

collar comes on walks with us - I hold it as I watch Bailey, Andy and Ella enjoying life - knowing that Carrier is watching down on us - sometimes as we walk we have butterflies flying with us the whole way - I like to think that that is Carrier...in fact I know it is, because he's in my heart where ever we go. Sweet Boy...we love you.

eva

Here is his "shrine" after he passed

CarriersShrine1.jpg

CarriersShrine.jpg

Here is Carrier's Urn and Paw Print

CarriersPawPrint.jpg

His photos adorn the wall

CarriersShrine0420.jpg

More of his "shrine"

CarriersShrine0420-4.jpg

More flowers from my brother and SIL

CarriersShrine0418-2.jpg

"Shrine" on the 18th of April

CarriersShrine0420-5.jpg

"Shrine" as of today

CarriersShrine0428-2.jpg

CarriersShrine0428-3.jpg

Edited by LadyBailey

Eva, I've been following Carrier's story for some time. I live close to Wichita, where Carrier came from. The love you had for this boy has been the one constant through all his troubles. Thank you so much for giving him such a wonderful life. Every hound should be so blessed. Hugs to you and the rest of your crew.

Pat

P.S. Your shrine is beautiful!

tivvy-gigi-heaven-gabby-2.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Blaze, Rodney, Lady, Spice, Sarahlee, Callie and Baby

Oh Eva,

How stunningly beautiful. I had tears in my eyes reading your post and admiring the pictures. I especially love the flowers and the photos.... it reminded me a bit of the lyrics of that Streisand song, "Memories, like the corners of my mind, misty watercolored memories..."

For some reason I feel like crying. I never met Carrier, but some days I almost felt as if I knew him from your detailed and loving posts about him, before, during and after his illness. I know he will be forever in your heart. And that makes me smile.

:grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I know your every emotion way too well. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :grouphug I miss Carrier too. :grouphug

Edited by patricia

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

What a lovely way to honor your heart hound. :beatheart:bighug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest Machbragal

Oh boy. I couldn't hold the tears back. Your love for Carrier is so crystal clear and has always been. I thank God that he was loved so much in life.

I know what you mean about how this feels. I have a cat that I feel this way about and he's getting older. I've had him for 9 years and I DREAD the day I have to open my eyes in this world without him there. I don't know how I will handle it, truly. I hope that I handle it as gracefully as you are doing. Hang in there -- you and Carrier continue to be in my prayers.

CARRIER, YOU ARE AMAZING AND WE MISS YOU TERRIBLY.

Guest vahoundlover

Tears roll down my cheeks, for the love you and Carrier shared.....for the heartache you are feeling. Carrier's shrine speaks volumes of the love and joy he brought into your lives. :grouphug

Guest grey_dreams

Candles, flowers, photos. Stone and ash. This is all so close to my own experience. Your love for Carrier still shines as bright as his soul. He is surely with you on your walks and while you light the candles. My heart goes out to you Eva. :grouphug

This is for Carrier ... :f_red

What a beautiful shrine...I am so sorry you're going through this heartache. :grouphug

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

The flowers just keep blooming in our yard this year. Last spring we didn't have nearly as many flowers. So of course we are enjoying them inside and out. We also have an abundance of new life in our yard. Many of our goldfish are pregnant in the pond. We had mourning dove babies and at the moment we have baby robins. The animal communicator told us that every time we see a robin, it's Carrier saying hello. Which is interesting because the Robin is my favourite bird. There is always a robin sitting on the fence when we get home and it stares right at us - kind strange, but nice. And the other sweet little babies that we have are bunnies.

Carrier must have sent all these wonderful animals to us and the flowers continue to grow for our boy...

May 1

DSCN4561.jpg

One of the bunnies

DSCN4564.jpg

May 4 - five weeks since our boy left us

DSCN4569.jpg

Guest Machbragal

How beautiful. He knows how you miss him and what will bring you some comfort and he is doing his best. Gosh, I MISS so much hearing about how Carrier is doing! I'm glad he continues to be a huge presence in your life.

Thank you for sharng the WONDERFUL photos. So hard to imagine that he's not here this Spring.

What a beautiful tribute.... Godspeed Carrier. :candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg