Leaking Muzzle

Guest hannahmom

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hannahmom
No bones he chewed of any kind? Did he come from the States?

I don't give him bones ever - that dog gets an upset stomach if we even talk about giving him people food.

He did come from Florida via Shoreline in 2003

What are you thinking??

Guest hannahmom
Not a tooth issue?

No - swelling and seepage are not in spots that indicate anything dental and there is nothing inside the mouth to point there either

What a mystery. I guess the important thing is he is feeling relief, then on to solve the mystery.With the way you were explaining the drainage,I would have guessed some type of a bite. I hope you get some answers on the conference call and I hope "the best dog in the world" gets better and better. :hope:hope

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Hope the meds work. Give him a scritchie for me, OK?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I just saw this...

We had something similar happen with our cocker spaniel years ago... it was in the early spring... the sunshine heated up our chimney, where a nest of red wasps had been snoozing through the winter. The wasps started stirring around and our cocker chomped one. I actually saw her do it! (Good thing, or we would've never know what caused her distress). Her symptoms were very much like what you describe, but cocker lips can swell up HUGE! She nearly died. Predinose, IV fluids and several days at the vet saved her.

Pam

GPA-Tallahassee/Southeastern Greyhound Adoption

"Fate is unalterable only in the sense that given a cause, a certain result must follow, but no cause is inevitable in itself, and man can shape his world if he does not resign himself to ignorance." Pearl S. Buck

Guest grey_dreams

I'm so glad that at you got new meds to treat the secondary reactions and infection. Poor Chingis, and poor wallet. I am sure at least your mind is easier now. Hope that eventually you will be able to figure out why it happened. Scritches to Chingis. :grouphug

I've seen lots of Brown Reculse Spider warnings recently, since it's that time of year where people are spring cleaning and disturbing their hiding places. Just another thought to consider...

Never underestimate the power of ones favorite stuffed pig! Looking forward to an update on the teleconference. Scritches, of course.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Guest hannahmom

Teleconference was postponed until tomorrow due to an emergency at the vets

Chinghis is already feeling better with one full day of antibiotics.

I'll keep you in the loop

Checking in for news too.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.