My Feelings Yesterday

LadyBailey

I posted this on Circle of Grey yesterday and I thought I wanted to share it with you because it's about Carrier and well... as you know, I love talking about him. :blush

I am slowly working on his Remembrance... there is so much to tell and remember.. I want it to be perfect.

Some minutes are better than others and then it hits me and I can't believe how hard I cry. Your emails have help and we thank each and every one of you for all you have written. We are surrounded by people that love us and Carrier and that is huge help. On Sunday after he was gone, we took the dogs for a walk and then went to my sisters house. Brooklyn and Victoria, age 7 and 4, were amazing and drew some precious photos for us. Brooklyn drew a photo of Carrier with wings and a halo and all these birds flying around him, below him was a church (our home), me and tim and a swimming pool and a transport truck. All of which is really funny because we don't have a swimming pool, but a pond, and our neighbour is a truck driver, so hence the truck. She wrote, "I love Caer" and titled the photo, "Hearts of Heaven". Brooklyn cried when my sister told her what had happened, but she quickly realized that Carrier was in a better place. She told us that God was there for him and made sure that he had all of his legs. And then she told us that Carrier was really lucky, because he didn't have any rules anymore and could do whatever he wanted and that he was probably really happy and reading the paper. God, she made our hearts melt.

We took out the photo albums and displayed some amazing photos of Carrier. I thank god that we have so many. It has turned into quite the shrine. There are photos of him trancing, running on the beach, getting hugs from me and Tim, hanging out with Bailey, posing in his ever so "Sean Connery" way.. - in every photo, he looks so happy and loved. That our Bear (his nickname, shorten from CareBear), our unbelievable, lovable, and kind, gentle Bear. A candle is lit with his collar, CoG blanket, his two Lambie toys and his pj's... which I have been sleeping with ... and they provide me such comfort to hug and hold and let his fur tickle my face and they still smell licke him.

Jack Johnson is playing in the background... when Carrier heard his music, he would sleep ever so hard. We always said that Carrier was the dog form of Jack Johnson... so cool and calm and quite the ladies man!

Our friends Joe and Christine came over last night and let me tell you! ...We had Guinness, cheered the Bear! and laughed and cried as we shared our memories of him. So many people loved Carrier and we were so honored to say that he was our boy.

I know it will get easier, but right now it's gotten harder. I can't wait for him to be home with us again. We choose a beautiful urn and will also get an impression of his paw. That strong front paw that was able to allow him to run when his heart was strong... that same paw that would stretch out for rubs and stop you dead in your tracks as you walked by him. I can't wait to touch it again.

The other three are sad and we are not forgetting them. Bailey sniffed every inch of Carrier's CoG blanket when we brought it home yesterday. Ella sat down on it and poor sweet Andy just looked at it and let out a cry.

Today was hard because it was rainy and cloudy, Tim had to go to work, so I have been on my own here and him alone at work. The sun has finally broken through the clouds and I have been watching a mourning dove build it's nest in the tree in front our house. Life goes on... those birds that Brooklyn drew and the same birds that I am watching now, I am sure.... I know they are flying around with Carrier's spirit... he loved all animals.

Today is also sweet Brooklyn's 7th birthday. She asked for a boy Build-A-Bear. I can't think of a better gift that we could give her... her own boy Bear. This afternoon, we will go and make it for her.

---

We went to Build-A-Bear for Brooklyn's gift. We chose a doggy... fawn just like Carrier. But we named him Jack in honor of Carrier's fav. music artist. And we gave him a polo shirt, just like the one Carrier wore after his amputation. Brooklyn loved it and said... "Thank you so much. This looks just like Carrier." She also told me that she told her classmates about Carrier passing and she cried again but her friends told her that he was okay.

Edited by LadyBailey

Eva, my heart froze when I noticed that his thread in H and M was locked the other day. I am so sorry that we've all lost sweet, sweet Carrier.

Shortly after I adopted Phoenix we attended our first M&G. I remember when you and Tim walked through the door with Carrier and Bailey and how you told me about Tim's trip to Kansas so they could be together again. I thought they were the most beautiful greyhounds I had even seen (besides Phene and now Loca :lol)) and still do. He will be missed by many.

:f_red

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

May your sweet memories of Angel Carrier help you through these most difficult times. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

A friend like Carrier will never leave you. Just look close, he is there in spirit. Run free Carrier.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

I was so shocked and sorry to read of your loss. Carrier had such a joyful spirit in life, overcoming the challenges and finding his way into all our hearts. Your connection and dedication to him was awe-inspiring. A bond like that cannot be broken. This is just a pause until you are united again someday. I know your heart is breaking and I wish you comfort in all the memories of this very special boy.

:f_pink :f_pink :f_pink :f_pink

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug Thinking of you.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest laceyj

I have quietly lurked in Carrier's Progress thread, following along. My heart stopped when I saw it was locked. I am so very sorry. f_yellow What a gift he was to you and to many. What a wonderful life you gave him in return.

Run healthy and free sweet boy. :gh_run

Eva, When I opened the Carrier's progress thread and saw that you had posted "March 31, 2008", I had to close it. I was at work and knew that I had to be alone to read your posting. I am just so heart broken and sorry, I can't begin to fathom what you and Tim are going through. Carrier was such a presence, such a big loving boy...I just don't know what to say. "I'm sorry" is so inadequate, but what else is there? I'm glad to hear your memories and photos and friends and family are already helping with your healing, and that some smiles are coming through the tears...you know, an animal communicator once told me that Max told her, he just "wanted to be a good boy". Which really, is probably all that our babies want, to be our good boys or girls...

:grouphug Carrier, you're a good boy.

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Guest vahoundlover
:cry1 I can't believe he's gone..... :grouphug Carrier's strength and courage has touched so many of us. The joy he brought so many, will live forever in our memories. Keeping your family in my prayers.

Guest boondog

I was devastated when I saw his H&M thread had been locked. He was such a special boy. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. He's running free now.

two weeks ago, Carrier had one of his reiki sessions... she communicated with him during every session and she told me that day that Carrier told her if his heart stopped that day, he would be okay because he has had such a wonderful life. For some reason, I didn't really think anything about that that day that she told me this... but she reminded me of this when I spoke with her after he passed.

Lisa - he was good boy... the best boy!

Guest Carla

Eva,

I am so very sorry for your loss. Carrier is smiling down upon you thanking you for all you did for him.

Godspeed Sweet Carrier, you are greytly missed.

:f_red:gh_run:f_red

Hugs,

Carla

I have been following Carrier's progress and my heart jumped when I saw his name here. He was certainly loved and I

know that he loved his family. You could read it on his face in all the beautiful photos of him that you shared. Please

accept my condolences on your loss and remember that you will see him again. Godspeed sweet Carrier.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I have quietly lurked in Carrier's Progress thread, following along. My heart stopped when I saw it was locked. I am so very sorry. f_yellow What a gift he was to you and to many. What a wonderful life you gave him in return.

Run healthy and free sweet boy. :gh_run

I lurked too. I am so sorry about your loss! There are so many of of devastated along with you. Our thoughts are with you.

The Girls

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes

One of the first threads I opened whenever I came here, was Carriers progress. It broke my heart to see it locked.

I am so sorry.

Guest Kpparker

I am so so sorry to hear about Carrier... prayers for you, your husband and the pups

May Carrier run pain free, full speed with 4 strong legs

Guest jettcricket

...Sitting hear with tears in my eyes for a boy that I never had the honor of meeting. :cry1 What a beautiful tribute to your baby...I am so sorry. He was an inspiration to all and will be with you forever. :f_red

Guest GriffinsMom

I'm so sorry for your loss. I was surprised and saddened when I saw the thread in H&M was locked. Godspeed Carrier. You were well loved and will be sorely missed.

:f_red:gh_run:f_red