My Mohegan Son

greytdecals

...words fail me right now as I am overcome with sadness :weep I can't stop crying, he was like one of my own...

Sonny "Sunshine Boy" was our special needs foster for 6 months then found his forever home in January with a wonderful owner who loved him so much and who also must be heartbroken.

Godspeed Sunshine Boy...you will forever hold a special place in my heart!

7109137.jpg

7071268.jpg

Since I am not very good with words in situations like this, I best express my feelings this way...

click here for a special video remembering Sonny

Sonny was epileptic and had been seizure free for almost a year but Saturday he started seizing and then went into liver failure which eventually took his life :(

Suzie Collins

Owner/Artist Skinny Hound Designs

Greyhound decals, magnets and signs.

Fur kids: Isabelle and Petey

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest VanillaBean

You know I feel terrible about this. The Sunshine Boy is all better now.

:grouphug

ETA: I knew there was a reason I didn't watch the video during lunch hour. :weep:weep:weep

Edited by VanillaBean

I am so very sorry for your loss. What a beautiful, beautiful boy.

:f_red

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest wmlcml6

Dang it. He was simply stunning, SuzieQ, and I'm so sorry that this happened. I'm glad he got to spend time with you before the angels took him.

Please, please give my thanks to his forever family. Although it is hard on them, he found his forever home :grouphug How many times I've said, they stay as long as they need to. I hope he sends someone special to them.

My sympathy to all who loves him :f_white

I feel horrible because I always thought that he may have felt we abandoned him :( I worried that he thought his forever home was with us and then we let him go...I know Jena loved him so very much...I just hope that Sonny knew we always loved him!

He was with us thru such a terrible time in my life and then when he knew I was better he moved on to his forever home...

Suzie Collins

Owner/Artist Skinny Hound Designs

Greyhound decals, magnets and signs.

Fur kids: Isabelle and Petey

Oh how sad! I followed his story through the Northcoast website and so excited when he found his forever home. Run free handsome boy!

Lynn mom to:Roper(Roper is Here),Josie the Australian Cattle Dog mix, Lacey the Corgi mix, Allie the cat and 2 skin kids and at the bridge Bailey (AA's Bailey), Snickers(Jax Snickers) , Sabrina the Collie and Sadie the Border Collie mix.

I believe that Sonny felt that he got to share in the love and lives of a few wonderful, loving families, and felt it as a good thing, to know and love so many caring people. I'm sure he knew you didn't "get rid of him" because you didn't love him, and felt all the love in his new family, too.

Huge hugs to all who loved and lost Sonny.

:bighug :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest trevdog

I'm so sorry.....perhaps he was with you because you needed each other then and then he was able to go to his forever home when he was needed there...and then his work here was done and he was needed somewhere else.....I'm sure he loves you and knows his new family loves and misses him too....

How very sad. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so sorry to hear this. I was just thinking of Sonny today when I read about your newest foster. You have so many wonderful pictures of him. My condolences to you & his forever family. f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis