Odd Behavior

Guest LolasMom
Nevada did well today. I was gone most of the day & I came home to find her just walking around. She seemed calm & happy-no signs of trying to "den".

Her treat tonight was getting steak hand fed to her............my girlie is NOT spoiled! Her mother is just well trained. :wub:

Such good news, Carol. :) I'm so glad to hear that Miss Nevada is feeling better and enjoying a good steak dinner! I wish you both many many more days of comfort, hugs, stritches and gourmet meals. :heart

Both Lola and Freddy are wearing their bling and are waiting for mom to find the battery charger ( I put it where I wouldn't forget :blush ) and take their picture.

We have been told that a t-shirt can reassure nervous/anxious dogs. A bit like wrapping a baby to comfort it. Tellington Touch therapy also uses a similar theory with wraps. No idea whether it would work but it would be easy enough to try.

ETA - And a fine excuse to go shopping for your doggie.

Edited by Plymgreys

I used to think Dara O'Briain was funny. Now I know better.

Guest cendrine
We have been told that a t-shirt can reassure nervous/anxious dogs. A bit like wrapping a baby to comfort it. Tellington Touch therapy also uses a similar theory with wraps. No idea whether it would work but it would be easy enough to try.

Perhaps a T-shirt YOU have worn would help?

A t-shirt sounds like something she might like. Little old folks like to stay warm, she would probably appreciate it too. I'll give that a try..........thanks for the idea!

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn)

Nevada 1992-2008...always in my heart

I'm a firm believer in Linda's T-Touch, I've seen it work. But I didn't know about the wrap therapy. Thanks for posting that, that's good information. And good thoughts and prayers for Nevada

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

My collie had Cushings and one of her things were to hide under a kitchen chair. Then she started to walk in circles and precided to start with some seizures.

It is the nature of Cushings.

Call the vet.

This time is very hard and I wish you and your pupper good luck.

Yes, Nevada is walking in circles sometimes too. The Vet is aware of everything. We have agreed that we are doing end of life care for Nevada. We are keeping her very comfortable. Thanks for all the suggestions............

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes

Just wanted to send Nevada some scritches from us and doggie :kiss2 from the boys.

Wishing you both peaceful and happy times. :)

I have share this very sweet moment with you all.............

Nevada was being a bit restless this afternoon. Back & forth to the water bowl............So I finally took her & layed her in my lap. In about 2 minutes she was sound asleep in my arms. She was dreaming away & I was crying away.

Even though this time is really getting difficult, I will treasure that moment for a long time. She was my dear sweet puppy once again. God, I love this girl...........

Carol-Glendale, AZ

What a wonderful momma she has. Sweet baby girl. :wub:

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Please know that we are keeping both you and your girl in our prayers. The love you have for your girl comes through in everypost. Thank you for loving and caring for her. And may you find some comfort through what I think is the hardest part of loving.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Also maybe a rug on the tile floor would help. Temporary accomodation to help ease her. Sweet, sweet 4 legged one.

The tile floor has been covered with rugs & runners for a long time now. When she fell 2 weeks ago it was on the one small area that wasn't covered in a rug. Go figure.

My kitchen floor looks like a rug display for Kohls or Walmart. :lol She also no longer has access to the kitchen unsupervised. She's not happy! :rolleyes: Thanks for the suggestion though.........XXOO

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Guest greydogluvr

I know this might sound a little funny but have you thought about one of those kid sized tents (the pop up kind). When I got my foster she looked for cozy places to sleep. She loved my son's little school bus tent. It was big enough for her to safetly get in and out of and child proof to boot. I put her bed inside and she felt very secure. I am sure hers was due to her insecurity being in the home environment, but sounds like this may do as well as the soft crate. If you have kids there is probably one in your home. I know it sounds silly but worth a try. :dunno

Actually, I had a brain storm last night........I used a folding card table with a blanket drapped over it. I placed it over her doggie bed. Makes a great looking cave/den. She slept in it last night while I slept on the sofa. Best sleep we have both had in weeks. I wanted to make sure she could get out of it safely. She did fine. :thumbs-up

Not sure if she used it today, but she was fast asleep when I got home this evening-although she was on the living room carpet. :sleepy

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Great idea! Her own lil' cave. :wub: Hope this continues to work well for her. :)

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Actually, I had a brain storm last night........I used a folding card table with a blanket drapped over it. I placed it over her doggie bed. Makes a great looking cave/den. She slept in it last night while I slept on the sofa. Best sleep we have both had in weeks. I wanted to make sure she could get out of it safely. She did fine. :thumbs-up

Not sure if she used it today, but she was fast asleep when I got home this evening-although she was on the living room carpet. :sleepy

Aww that's cool. We used to do the card table campout ourselves as kids at Grandma's. I forgot about that until now. :)

You are in our thoughts. My sisters dog had cushings and I know a few people here have had dogs with it. I will happily send you her email if you want to see if she has any information that might help.

My parents just lost their 17 year old dog. He would get himself in corners and just stand there like he was lost. He did a lot of circle walking. We just figured old age senility. He never seemed overly scared. Just confused.

My Kona had issues on the tile when she got older. She fell a couple times. I would put rugs out everywhere, and she would avoid them like the plague. I am glad Nevada is using them!

The card table idea is wonderful! I would not have thought of that.

The Girls