Not A Greyhound, But Remembering My Mom

Guest SoulsMom

Guest SoulsMom

There are so many things I could say about my Mom. How she was such a wonderful, giving person and loved by so many. How she couldn’t quite see her own beauty the way we all did. How we shared our birthdays. How she was my best friend. But nothing could sum up her life (and death) quite like this poem by Robert Frost:

Nothing Gold Can Stay

Nature’s first green is gold

Her hardest hue to hold

Her early leaf’s a flower

But only so an hour

Then leaf subsides to leaf

So Eden sank to grief

So dawn goes down today

Nothing gold can stay

Sally Raquelle Hill 7/18/46~3/25/06

Gone far too soon, I still miss you every single day. And oh how I wish you could have met Soul.

Edited by SoulsMom

Sending gentle hugs to SoulsMom and 4blackgreys and all those missing their moms today.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

No matter how long we have with them, it's always too short.

Ernestine Young 1/4/30 - 12/12/03

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

:grouphug I know :grouphug

Mary Ellen Baker

6-8-19~12-22-93 :f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Machbragal

There's no one like your Mom. The universe changed forever for me when I lost mine.

Barbara Marie Peck

07-23-34 ~ 04-12-87

Guest guinness_the_greyt

Oh man... :weep Just makes me cry to read this.... I talk to my mom everyday and have such an awesome connection with her. Makes me hurt to think of losing her.

I'm so sorry your missing your mom. :grouphug

:sad1

Guest jettcricket

I'm so sorry....I'm still blessed to have both my Mom and my Dad, but they are both getting "up there" in years. Sending you gentle hugs.... :grouphug:f_red

I'm so sorry for all who have lost their Mom. :cry1

Edited by jettcricket

Guest SoulsMom

It has been two years to the day since my Mom passed. I love how this thread is "Remembering Our Mom's". Thank you all. :grouphug And hugs to everyone else who is missing their Mother . . . .

Guest Snowy8

I miss my mom...I will see something on tv that I know she'd want to see & I'll start to call her...

When I lost Pegasus I wanted to call her...and she would've been just as devastated as I am when Dear died in January....

Louise Heidt Forister

January 5, 1926 - June 6, 2004

Guest Winterwish

:bighug Sending my sympathies to you SoulsMom

and to each of you whose mothers have passed on. :bighug

My mother died 30 years ago March 1st. :f_pink

Edited by Winterwish

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Light & Love to all Your Mom's voice is never quite gone.

[gallery_4177_3286_2416.jpg Neighbor Mike

Inspired by Beloved Angels Danny & Mick

Custom Quilted Coats, Wallhangings & MORE

"From there to here, From here to there, Funny things are everywhere.

Especially with a greyhound in your life!

Guest SquanHound

:grouphug:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:grouphug

Although I am still blessed to have my parents, I have watched my mother cry every year at Christmas Eve mass since I was 3yrs old b/c she misses her mother who passed a few day prior to Christmas.

My mom had breast ca at 36 years old, I was 9. She lived through that and was then killed in a car accident 23 years later. Not a trace of CA in her body.

Go figure.

Alice Hochberg

May 1, 1930

July 4, 1989

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project