Emt Gel Vs. Emt Spray

Time to stock up on the medical kit. Boy I could use some EMT gel right now. No dealers near me in Seattle though, the closest one is about 45 minutes away. I need to place an order online and I wanted to see if anyone here had experiences with EMT gel vs. the spray. Which did you like better? Why? I'm inclined to go with the gel, I feel like I could cover the wound better. Thanks for any info you could share!

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

I didn't really like the spray, I'm not sure why. I guess because the thing that set EMT Gel apart (to me) is the way it forms that nice flexible coating on the wound, and the spray didn't do that. There are other people here that do like the spray, though.

I *think* I got it from Omaha Vaccine, I don't remember for sure. Now we have a Bass Pro and a Cabela's in the area, so I'll probably go there next time :)

GEM has it and also has super fast shipping.

Thanks! Wow, I just spent $50 on that site. That's some expensive EMT gel. :lol: (I got a calendar, some vet wrap and screaming monkeys too. The EMT gel was only $12.)

Edited by gracegirl

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

GEM has it and also has super fast shipping.

I was going to recommend GEM too, I love that 100% goes to the hounds! They are super nice people too, excellent service ! :blush I have ordered online before, but have been stocking up when they vend at the Shamrock Festival in July.

I prefer the spray... just remember to wear a glove when you spray, that stuff tastes icky! :o

Kim, (Herman), Pixie (NK Mary Ann), Kitten, Sammie, Darcy and Scout

Callie (Callie Walker), Ava (Lass Dance), July, Peanut, Kodi, Bailey, Kony, PJ, Scampie, Carlo & Casey waiting for us at the bridge

I was hoping to hear the preferences too in that I was trying to decide either/or. Is there a situation you would use the spray over the gel or vice versa? Should you have both in your first aid kit?

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

I thought the gel was supposed to deter licking (it smells awful), but Quiet Man has a wound on his tail and he constantly licks the gel off. I kept it wrapped for a few days, but wanted to give it some air and he licks it off right after I put it on. :( It's not able to get stiched either, so I'm just praying it does not get infected.

Forever in my heart: my girl Raspberry & my boys Quiet Man, Murphy, Ducky, Wylie & Theo
www.greyhoundadventures.org & www.greyhoundamberalert.org & www.duckypaws.com

Guest FireHorse

I like the gel better. I was interested in the spray because it was supposed to be bitter, to discourage licking at sore spots. Um, not exactly. My guys LIKE the taste and will lick at the bottle while I'm spraying, then lick themselves where I sprayed.

I moved the spray to the people kit and bought a new tube of gel for the dog kit.