Dee's X-ray Results

And the results are in. Not the horrible news I was expecting - not great news though in terms of pain:

"There is an old right central tarsal fracture with severe degenerative joint disease (old arthritis). However, looking at the pictures of her leg and and the angle of her right hock, it is likely that she has an avulsion (rupture) of the flexor tendon; what will cause acute pain. She needs to be seen by an orthopedic oriented vet to see if they can confirm that on a physical exam and discuss treatment options."

So, I'm off to phone the vet.

Edited by mareyeka

Remembering the games we used to play: Games We Used to Play: A Hop, Skip and Jump Down Memory Lane

Oscar (Answer to Chevy): 8/23/02-8/13/07 & Dee (Cee Bar Denise): 12/23/98-8/28/08.

Order your own copy of Oscar's Diaries: Life as a Retired Greyhound

I'm happy that's not too bad news... not that it's not great news.. big kisses to Dee... your a good girl! The vet will know what to do to help your pain...

:grouphug:kiss2

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Our first greyhound, Tuffy: You will always be there with us my angel!
Tuffy greyhound-data
Otis greyhound-data Abbey greyhound-data
"When you open your minds to the impossible, sometimes you find the truth." W.Bishop

And the results are in. Not the horrible news I was expecting - not great news though in terms of pain:

"There is an old right central tarsal fracture with severe degenerative joint disease (old arthritis). However, looking at the pictures of her leg and and the angle of her right hock, it is likely that she has an avulsion (rupture) of the flexor tendon; what will cause acute pain. She needs to be seen by an orthopedic oriented vet to see if they can confirm that on a physical exam and discuss treatment options."

So, I'm off to phone the vet.

Thank God it is not what we feared. :grouphug PLEASE kiss Dee for us and keep us posted. :grouphug

Edited by patricia

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Well, tendons you can work on. There are far worse alternatives :) Do you have a good rehab/PT vet up there?

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest BlackandBrindle

I'm glad it wasn't what we'd all feared. I'm also glad you have a direction to pursue now.

Scritches to the fabulous Dee :grouphug

Guest PhillyPups

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that was me finally letting out my breath as I was so afraid for you and praying so very very hard for Dee. :confetti:confetti

Guest vahoundlover

Thank doG it wasn't what we all feared!!! Now we can concentrate our energy towards the Ortho vet being able to help her out.

I really am happier than I sounded!!! Honest!

I just want my girlie to feel better. So, hip hip hooray that it's not the big C!

Remembering the games we used to play: Games We Used to Play: A Hop, Skip and Jump Down Memory Lane

Oscar (Answer to Chevy): 8/23/02-8/13/07 & Dee (Cee Bar Denise): 12/23/98-8/28/08.

Order your own copy of Oscar's Diaries: Life as a Retired Greyhound

Guest GriffinsMom

That's not great news but it is certainly better than the alternative that we all feared. Now you can work on managing the pain and getting Dee healthy again. :grouphug

I am very happy it was not real bad news! Thank God! This hopefully can be cured, bless her heart wie will pray that they are able to get her out of pain! :bighug:getwell

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

great news!! loca had a similiar fracture several years ago and it healed quite nicely :)

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.