Loca Has Chondrosarcoma

Once again, thanks so much for the good wishes and advice. I'm not familiar with artemisinin at all. In spite of completing a google search, I wasn't able to find out much except that it's effective in treating malaria and cancer. Is it a prescription drug or can it be purchased in health food stores/over the counter? Traumeel was mentioned in a previous thread about painmanagement. Is it effectve for all types of pain, including cancer?

thanks

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had to say, Dr. Couto is amazing!! I emailed him last night and have already received a reply!! :bow

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest guinness_the_greyt

Does he have some suggestions on your treatment of it? Sending lots of love and prayers for Loca the table dancing queen!! :grouphug

Maybe this would be a good time to see the Loca-on-the-table picture(s)? You know, help focus the chant--not to mention giggle our heads off at the same time.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Does he have some suggestions on your treatment of it? Sending lots of love and prayers for Loca the table dancing queen!! :grouphug

he asked to have my vet forward her radiographs :)

Maybe this would be a good time to see the Loca-on-the-table picture(s)? You know, help focus the chant--not to mention giggle our heads off at the same time.

maybe this evening i can bore you all with silly loca pics )

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg

Thinking of you. Know my prayers have been coming your way. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest jettcricket
Once again, thanks so much for the good wishes and advice. I'm not familiar with artemisinin at all. In spite of completing a google search, I wasn't able to find out much except that it's effective in treating malaria and cancer. Is it a prescription drug or can it be purchased in health food stores/over the counter? Traumeel was mentioned in a previous thread about painmanagement. Is it effectve for all types of pain, including cancer?

thanks

As far as the artemisinin you have to order it....it can't be purchased over the counter. If you do order it, I've heard that there are different grades of artemisinin and that you need to be careful who you get it from. Holley pharmacy is very reputable. I've also heard that coconut oil can be beneficial in treating pets with cancer.

Glad to hear that it's in the early stages..... :)

he asked to have my vet forward her radiographs :)

maybe this evening i can bore you all with silly loca pics )

Boring? Please - "boring" and "loca" cannot ever be used in the same sentance!! I think the virtual pizza party must be kicked off by a synchronized viewing of the table dancing and then the festivities can begin! :colgate

I also wanted to add that "starving the cancer" truly works - a friend of mine beat intestinal cancer (a tumour that had burst, mind you) by totally holistic means, no chemo, no radiation, no drugs. She had a lot of supplements she took (I'll check with her and see if artemisinin was one of them) but absolutely no sugar, no wheat, no refined foods of any kind, were a huge part of her survival (three years last month!). So, just thought I would mention it, there are multiple tools in the "beat-cancer-kit"!

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Robin, here is a good article about artemisinin. It explains how it works in an easy to understand way.

http://www.uwnews.org/article.asp?articleID=8139

Also, I don't know if you get Celebrating Greyhounds mag, or can archive it, but several years (mayber more at this point) the issue devoted to cancer in Greys had an article about artemisinin.

I got mine from Nutricology.com, and I think I'd mentioned in another post that their price has actually seemed to come down. You just have to be careful because not all artemisinin is created equal! Holley is a good source too---both online.

I also used pycnogenol, another natural immune system booster, which I got at Vitamin World. You saw how beautiful Winnie looked at Grapehounds last year (well, I could be predjudiced!)---3 1/2 years of artemisinin, pycnogenol, fish oil, and a low carb, high protein diet. It's worth a shot.

I'm late to the party as far as friends of Loca go. It seems she is loved by many for quite a while. So I've never seen any table dancing pictures. It does conjure up an interesting visual. I know I'd love seeing pictures of your beautiful girl as well.

Keeping you both in my prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Robin, you get to say when the pizza party starts. You were going to have {someone I can't recall} come over, right? Well, get those photos ready, announce when, and we'll all be here at our computers, ready to whoop it up and chant to her Locaship's health and long life! :)

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Robin, you get to say when the pizza party starts. You were going to have {someone I can't recall} come over, right? Well, get those photos ready, announce when, and we'll all be here at our computers, ready to whoop it up and chant to her Locaship's health and long life! :)

uh, the pizza is kinda gone :blush. i'm a piggy.

so we're all set; i've bought some EVO food, fish oil capsules and i'm trying to find artemisinin but it hasn't been easy. at his request, my vet has sent loca's radiographs and radiologist's report to dr. couto.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg

Guest realboo

Hugs to you and Loca. I'm so sorry to hear of her diagnosis, but so heartened by the last few postings. I hope that the two of you have many, many months of pain free time together.

Chanting from Woodstock!

Guest crazy4greys

My girl Autumn was on Traumeel and metacam for her hip pain, later tramadol & traumeel. It did help.

Sending good thoughts and prayers :grouphug:hope

Continuing the chanting.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Guest KRKWMU

Robin...I'm just now seeing this. I've been out of town.

I'm so sorry to hear about Loca. Looks like you're on the ball though. It's pretty overwhelming to research and learn about everything the first few weeks, but just hang in there. I saw your post on Circle of Greys too. They'll be able to help a lot and provide some advice and support.

Give Loca a hug from us. Keep us updated on how she's doing. :goodluck

Lots of prayers for Loca!!!!!! :bighug:hope:hope:hope and to you!!!!! I am sooo sorry.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

I'm so very sorry to read this...thinking of you and Loca...my best wishes for you both!

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.