Please Keep Daisy In Your Thoughts

Yesterday morning while I was on the sofa working on graduate school work, and my back was turned to the staircase, I heard a loud thud-crashing sound. I'm not sure what happened, but Daisy was in a heap on the staircase. She stood up and I immediately noticed she couldn't put any weight down on her hind left leg. I checked her over carefully, not a peep, whimper, nothing, so I figured she had maybe banged her leg on the door as she was kicking off to dash upstairs. She laid down and I iced her leg on/off every 3-4 hours and in the meantime called the e-vet. They said to look for obvious signs of swelling, bruising, etc., and call regular vet today. So far, no swelling, and no bruising has shown up. By last night, she was starting to put weight on her foot. I barricaded the stairway so she could not have access and cause further injury. The soonest I can get in to our vet's office is tomorrow afternoon, and it's not with our usual vet, but my boss won't allow me to leave work early to see our regular vet, so I'm a little worried, but figured that since they're in the same practice, they'll at least consult with one another. I had class tonight, but arranged for two people to drop by today to check on her. Both reports were positive. Daisy's putting more weight on her leg tonight, but it's still quite wobbly. I'm hoping of course that it's a strain or sprain, but wanted to ask if you guys could keep her in your thoughts and prayers. She's my baby (heart dog) and of course whenever anything is amiss, I feel it deeply. And I know you guys understand what I mean.

Thank you so much :grouphug

(she keeps putting her head on my fingers while I type this :wub:)

Edited by jodyksam

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

Oh my. :grouphug I have that fear, too, of a pupper slipping on the stairs and getting hurt. Hope it's just a mild strain that will heal quickly. Will keep your sweet girl in my prayers. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest FullMetalFrank

Praying the she is OK... My hound scares me to death on the stairs sometimes, the way he charges down them. At least ours are carpeted and padded pretty good but there's still that wall at the landing to run into! Hopefully she's just got a little sprain and will heal up quickly.

Oh, gosh, Jody! I hope she's OK! It's a fear of mine too, that Jack will fall downstairs on the rare occasions that he ventures up.

I know how you'll be feeling, but it's a good sign that she's putting more weight on it. From what you say, it's unlikely to be broken, I'd just worry about a hip dislocation, but you'd notice a big difference in the shape of her pelvis/hip area and she'd be in a lot of pain.

If you've taken a good look at the whole leg from hip to toe and can't see anything out of place, it's probably a bad strain. :bighug

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Hope she's feeling better yet this morning and that she just took a bad bump.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Winterwish

Oh no,poor sweetheart! Jody Daisy is definitely in my thoughts and prayers for being absolutely okay.

Please feel better soon cutie pie, :kiss2:hope:bighug

If you've taken a good look at the whole leg from hip to toe and can't see anything out of place, it's probably a bad strain. :bighug

I've really examined this leg carefully numerous times, and it looks the mirror image of the other leg. I also have been checking her back, her hips, etc., and they also seem to be visually 'normal' to me. When she does put weight down, her bum leg juts outward to the side in a strange way. I wondered if it could be her patella, but that looks fine too. Our appointment is at 5:20 tonight, so hoping they can give some insight. She has yet to make any noise or whimper which I feel is a good sign, but I know this doesn't always mean they aren't in pain.

Thanks for your well wishes, prayers and positive thoughts!

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

Keeping my fingers crossed that it's nothing serious!

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

:grouphug to you and Daisy

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Sending my many prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

After putting Daisy's right and left (injured) hind legs through a range of motions, the vet believes that she has a severe strain/sprain. So, no x-rays at this point :yay (was grateful to save that $!).

She's still gimpy on her left leg, and I'm limiting her stair usage to just at night to go up to my bedroom.

As long as she continues to regain more ability to put weight on her leg, looks like we're out of the woods with this. Whew!

That is wonderful!! :yay:confetti:yay Daisy is so beautiful. :wub:

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg