Update On Bodie's Check-up At Osu

Guest Bodie

Guest Bodie

First, the good news - Bodie's enlarged heart is back to normal after four months of medication and he has been cleared for all forms of exercise. Physically, he got an excellent report. He is, by all outward reports, a healthy greyhound.

Now, the bad news. The digital x-rays of his lungs showed a tiny pinhole spot - so small the oncologists missed it, but the radiologist caught it. They had to enlarge the x-ray on the computer for us to see it. Bodie's oncologist referred to it as an "anomaly". She said it could be a spot on his lungs that he has had all of his life, or it could be the start of a lung met. She was being very nice by telling us it may have always been there, but I could tell she thought it was a lung met in initial formation. We are to go back in six weeks for another digital x-ray. We could have the x-ray done locally, but it would be a regular photographic x-ray and not as clear as the digital one, so we may not know any more than we know now. If we have it done at OSU, they can measure the new x-ray against the one done Friday. If it has grown or multiplied, it is lung mets. His oncologist predicted if it is lung mets, Bodie would probably have six more months.

So, we wait. After a bad day, personally, yesterday, I have decided not to "bury" Bodie yet. We will live each day to the fullest and what will be will be. If it is the worst, we will know that we tried everything we could.

Please keep Bodie in your thoughts and prayers while we wait the long six weeks.

Guest DebSzal

You have my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. My dalmation had major surgery when he was 12 yrs old and every day after I considered borrowed time. I tried to live each day to the fullest like you said and I don't regret it. I even let him eat cat food during his last few days! Keep good positive thoughts and an extra hug and kiss for me to Bodie. :kiss2

Thanks for your pupdate. Will certainly keep your best boy in my prayers, surrounded by healing light for his highest good. :hope:candle

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

We're thinking all good thoughts for the check in 6 weeks :candle

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I have to agree with DeVon on this one. Good thoughts coming your way.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Good news on the heart; keeping fingers crossed on the lung spot. :goodluck :goodluck :hope :hope

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

I agree, one day at a time. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Sending my many prayers that this is something that has always "just been there" :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

If there's one good thing about horrible cancer it's that it reminds us how precious each day is. Grab hold and make 'em count!

We'll all be crossing our fingers (or whatever our variety of visualizing/energizing/drawing down the healing/prayer.... is) with you!

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Sending lots of prayers & good thoughts to you & Bodie.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Sending positive prayers that it is just a spot that has always been there!

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)