Tara Sue - Update

Guest tarasue

Guest EmbersDad

chesish the time you have left together and spoil that girl rotten. hold on to those memories because as bob seger once sang, "...those are the memories, that make me a wealthy soul....."

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tricolorhounds

I am so sorry :cry1

Tara Sue was waiting for Will to come home so she wouldn't leave you all alone. That's one smart and loving girl you've got there :grouphug

Edited by tricolorhounds

I am so very sorry. I know from your posts how very much she means to you.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

I am so very sorry. I can not begin to imagine the pain and anquish. Do you have someone to go with you?

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest greytelectric
I didn't want to make a big deal on here about Tara but, I have found some nice cyber friends on here and thought I should at least let all the other GT'ers know what is going on with my little bean, Tara.

Choking back the tears here, I have decided to let Tara be free to run eternally, her os is eating her up and the pain meds are not helping much anymore.

Today when I took Will to have his dental, I went ahead and made her "final" appointment with Dr. Crawford. Next Thursday at 5pm my baby is going to cross over to go be with all the other angels out there. Making the appointment was one of the toughest things I have ever had to do. Who could imagine a grown man bawling his fool head off on the way home after leaving the vet today? It was bad enough that when I got there, poor Will started shaking and getting scared...my poor boy! And today I worry for him until 4:30 when I pick him up.

All the pictures I have taken just don't do any justice to the fact that my baby has to leave me so soon. It's been almost eight years I have had and I pray that I could have all the lifetimes in the world with her.

I'll never forget my Tara Bean! I remember our first camping trip together, how we had to huddle to keep warm because I had only packed a light blanket for summer and we ended getting a freak cold front. I cuddled Tara all through the night to keep us both warm.

I wrote a poem for her that I will share with you all in the near future. It's almost finished, I just have the last verse to complete but, I am waiting until after she crosses over to finish that.

I am so VERY sorry for what you are going through. We all go through this and it's never ever easy. We wish they could stay forever. But you'll see your love on the bridge. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Guest tarasue

Thank You everyone. All your kind and thoughtful words brought tears to my eyes once again today. Today has been the day for crying!

Tara is going to get the royal treatment and she'll pretty much eat what ever her little heart desires. I see a trip to Cold Stone this weekend! On the day of her appointment she is going to get a little piece of a snickers bar. She once had gotten into them a long time ago and she went bonkers for them. I have hardly ever given her one little M&M in the eight years but, Thursday I think she'll get a little bit of chocolate.

She'll want for nothing...

I'll do anything to make her comfortable

She is such a beautiful girl, I am so sorry. :grouphug:hope

That final act of love is so heartbreaking. :candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest jettcricket

I wish I didn't know how your are feeling, but unfortunately I do. :( I'm so sorry....sending you both peace and comfort and may her passing be easy. :grouphug

I'm so very sorry. It must have taken so much strength to come to that decision - and so much love. You've made the right decision, but now letting go is the hard part. Please know that we are here for you. We are all thinking of you and your beautiful special Tara Sue.

Sending many comforting hugs :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug and strength.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I add my sorrow to yours - it is never easy to see our sweet fur babies suffer. Then, that final decision is so hard to make - when we lost our first Grey, my DH was in tears too at the vet's office - you and Tara Sue are in my thoughts and prayers.:f_red

Edited by Pepsi2004
pepsi-2009.jpg?t=1262016678

Guest chigal950

I am sorry. I know every moment you spend with her now, any lift of the head, flick of the tail, lick, hug, snuggle, and breath burns into your mind with both joy of love and pain of sorrow. Our family's thoughts are with you.

I just got through reading about sweet Mattie going to the Bridge in another thread and it made me think of you and Tara Sue again. Please give her and extra hug from us, I am hoping that she is having a pain free weekend and that you are making wonderful memories to help you through as you say goodbye.

I feel your pain. Tipper just crossed the bridge from the same thing on Feb. 4th. We only had her for 4 years. She was only 8 1/2. Her last meal was a nice steak. It was the only thing that she would eat.

PRINCESS
ANGELS: SUSIE (BANDIT SUE) 3/26/1991-5/13/2006, TIPPER (MPS KRISTINA) 7/23/1999-2/4/2008, LADYBUG (BB'S LADYBUG) 5/19/2005-7/9/2008,
HAPPY 12/2000-10/9/2013, RICHY (DON L RICHY RICH) 11/5/2002-5/17/2015, DARREN 9/24/2005-3/2/2017, TUCKER (AWESOME ABILITY) 12/29/2004-12/4/2017,
BUG (BB'S DANCING BUG) 5/19/2005-11/17/2018, Dee (KIOWA DIANDRA) 10/9/2007-6/20/2022, Buddy (PJ PLUTARCH) 11/21/2013-9/8/2023)