Sally - Now Barking At The Bridge

Bevd

We weren't looking to adopt another greyhound but I came across this picture on a rescue website

02e940ae42d13246bc85733093b11436.jpg

and within 10 days, she was home.

This picture, taken on the day we went to collect her (with angel Maddison, Mokka & Darcy) should have given us an indication of the way things were going to be...

6aa34d41313409c18a505259125cd61d.jpg

:lol

She went to various fun dog shows and won some rosettes (not that she needed rosettes for us - or her - to know she was special)

292b5ee2fb630b755757ca373b09c28b.jpg

3c54fd22f98fb273dda425ce7dff9fe5.jpg

She shouted quite a lot at shows (as well as at home) :rolleyes:

16a783052f847b93360fcc20e2e857c8.jpg

And she very much enjoyed meeting up with her 'bee-luvid', roar-ee (Rory). This was their first meeting

a05f7f20d1c4a692fc5fcf600b164f59.jpg

and this is when he prow-powz'd (proposed)

929e61c73719f1fc052151b34ff120d4.jpg

and Sally shouted it from the rooftops

a24d2ae9c3c6c860ae40e9b2cb1154ef.jpg

She was a bit puzzled by the Royal Wedding (Charles & Camilla)

c949f7db47be1b67787eb99a723271f9.jpg

Sally liked her treats

07e9780daed950f02d390cfca84b370d.jpg

and enjoyed her birthday parties (if we didn't make her wear a hat)

09102f2b74cc60ec58770f5ac3363566.jpg

She loved her walkies (as long as all strange dogs remained farrrrrrrrrrrr away)

3cf55788c1fcb040500ca8dd5cdb237e.jpg

And she made us laugh because much to her horror, pups always gravitated towards her and wanted to be close to her (but not tooooo close, as they learned pretty quickly)

cc1a0679330e752015cb69a3bac5e732.jpg

c1057592bf97bf85021619978ac95e4e.jpg

She had her own settee and she liked to lay on something soft and fleecy (perish the thought that she may have to snooze on actual leather) and if the blanket got ruffled up, she would stand and bark at it until a human came and flattened it for her :lol

She had a lot of funny, Sally Ways and she's left a big hole. We're sorry she's gone and we shall miss her greatly but she's left a whole lifetimes-worth of funny memories, packed into the three and half years we shared with her :beatheart

Sally (Silly) Doyle

18th June 1994 - 15th Feb 2008

8b62a3be0a5a467d293a700437298f6a.jpg

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry for your loss. :grouphug I remember the day you brought her home. I always loved looking at Sally pictures.

Lynn mom to:Roper(Roper is Here),Josie the Australian Cattle Dog mix, Lacey the Corgi mix, Allie the cat and 2 skin kids and at the bridge Bailey (AA's Bailey), Snickers(Jax Snickers) , Sabrina the Collie and Sadie the Border Collie mix.

Guest Tenderhearts

Sally Twoteefs will always have a special place in my heart, Bev! :wub::beatheart:inlove I hope Sally looked up Lori Ann and Skittle right away :angel

Sending warm thoughts to you and Marc and all the rest of the Doyle clan :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Guest GiJenn51

Bev thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing Sally with us over the years. She was always a good girl I bet! I'm sorry she's gone, but I bet Maddison is happy to see her again.

God Speed Sally!!! :gh_run

I'm sorry to see this. Sally was a special girl. I'm sure she and Maddison are having a reunion at the bridge. My thoughts with you and Marc and all the Doyle clan. :grouphug

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

Guest hannahmom

Bev, I am so sorry.

I just hope not everyone came up to greet her at the bridge all at the same time - she's have hated that :P

Goodbye pretty Sally - you made me smile.

Edited by hannahmom

Guest Greyhoundbaby

Oh my - what a beautiful tribute to a special girl...

May you find comfort in the love of friends and peace in the many warm memories you will always have of Sally.

Run free sweet hound - :gh_run

I will miss hearing new Sally stories as well. Thank you for sharing your funny wonderful girlie with us all. She was blessed to have you in her life.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Oh Bev,

Know that Sally will always live on in each and every one of our hearts. :grouphug Run and shout sweetheart. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I am so sorry for your loss. Her description fits my Polli (AKA firecracker) to a "T".

Run Free sweet Sally.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest argolola

Bev, I have been crying over Sally (you know I was one of her biggest fans) but your tribute made me smile. Thanks for sharing her with the world.

Sally, you will always be loved.

Sally was adored all over the world. who could resist that face? I am sure it was wonderful to be loved and have loved sweet Sally. I love the stories and the pictures you have always posted. Run free Sally. Keep everyone in line at the bridge.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge