Mandibulectomy From Oral Fibrosarcoma

Guest itdoesnotmatter

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw your last post and I cannot begin to tell you how sorry I am. It is very evident that you and your

husband loved her very, very much. My heart goes out to both of you. Run free, sweet Maddie.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Saying I'm sorry doesn't even come close to how I feel right now.You should be very proud of yourself handling all of this on your own, and being there for Mattie every step of the way. You so loved that little girl and I'm sure she loved you as much. I hope in some way, Mattie lets you know that she will always love you and she is running free from pain. Please take care of your self.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest VanillaBean
Saying I'm sorry doesn't even come close to how I feel right now.You should be very proud of yourself handling all of this on your own, and being there for Mattie every step of the way. You so loved that little girl and I'm sure she loved you as much. I hope in some way, Mattie lets you know that she will always love you and she is running free from pain. Please take care of your self.

I certainly couldn't say it any better. :bighug

here are the instructions...i think we'd all love to see pictures.

thanks everyone. can you explain how i put a picture into a post? i have lots of great pics of her i'd love to share.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Oh Mara, I am so sorry. You were very brave to have gone through this all alone. Mattie was so fortunate to have so much love from you and your husband. I am glad that you were able to spend those last few hours with her and that you were there when it was time to set her free and end all of her pain. She loves you very much for all the unconditional love that you gave her throughout her life and at the end. She will always be with you. She is so beautiful and I love your description of her personality. You and your husband will be in my thoughts and prayers. Cyndi

Oh, Mara, I just can't get you, Mattie and your DH off my mind after reading your post this afternoon. I could hardly finish it for the tears. You and your dh were wonderful parents to this precious baby. I do know what you are going through as we had to put our cocker spaniel down last year and I still think of and miss her every day. I am so sorry that your dh didn't get to tell her goodbye but she knew he loved her very much.

Take care, Mara and please tell your dh God bless him for serving our country!

Dianne

Guest HeatherDemps

Oh Mara, I am so sorry! I don't know what else to say- I just feel so awful for you. Bless you for making the toughest decision and putting Mattie first.

Run fast and pain-free sweet Mattie....

Guest tricolorhounds
hi guys. where does it say "browse" to insert the picture? i downloaded the program but i'm not sure how to paste the image in the text...

email me at

mapgirl@pacbell.net

Words cannot express how sorry I was to read your last post. Tears started immediately and havent stopped. You did the best for your girl, she is now pain free. She was very loved. Thoughts and prayers for you and your husband.

Mom to Toley (Astascocita Toley) DOB 1/12/09, and Bridge Angel Opie (Wine Sips Away) 3/14/03-12/29/12

I am just sobbong. I am so sorry. That ... vet... did not do right by her. I am so glad Mattie had you. Run free sweet little girl.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Oh, Mara, I know that everyone who has followed Mattie's story is heartbroken at your loss. From your very first post, the love that you and Mattie shared was so clear, I think that's why we became as invested in her recovery as we did. Some dogs and owners just seem to be special, and that was you and Mattie. Though her loss is still so fresh and so overwhelming, please know that you did the right thing for your precious girl. How she loved you! She would have stayed, you know, just to be with you and your husband, but the pain was just too much, and her body wasn't as strong as that love. To set her free was the most loving, unselfish thing you could have done. She'll send you a sign that she's running free of pain, safe and whole, and forever in your heart.

You said she was your angel....

An angel's star is shining

in the place where she is free

from pain and fear and weariness,

those fragile, earthbound things,

and she would tell you not to cry.

Your angel's found her wings.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest itdoesnotmatter
An angel's star is shining

in the place where she is free

from pain and fear and weariness,

those fragile, earthbound things,

and she would tell you not to cry.

Your angel's found her wings.

thank you. that is so sweet and sad. i was holding mattie's little pink plaid doggie coat today and i couldn't help but cry. i can't believe i won't hear the jangle of her collar anymore. it's weird leaving the house without having to take her out first and make sure she has a treat before i go!

goodnight all.

-mara

:weep:weep:weep Mara and DH - We are so sorry for your loss, words just don't seem enough. I am sure that Mattie knew how much you both loved her and I hope she will send you a sign quickly to know she is okay and will be waiting for you pain free at the Bridge. I know she will have many new friends up there, our Angel Vinnie will watch out for her as will many of the others of all of our Bridge Babies.

We (and so many others who have read this thread) were hoping for a much better ending for you, DH and Mattie - but after everything she had been through and all the worries (rightly so) you had, you need to know in your heart that you did the right thing. When we first came to this sight, it was because our 11 month old puppy had just been diagnosed with osteosarcoma and I did not understand the saying "It's better to let them go one day too early than one day too late" until we had to let him go at 14 months. We had gone through the amputation and the chemo but it just wasn't enough. You did everything above and beyond what you could do for your dear sweet baby girl, and she knows that with all her heart. The rememberance plaque will help you and DH find comfort when he returns. And you know she will keep him safe, just like you always kept her safe.

I agree with the other poster as well, when you are up to it, please put a post in rememberance. We would all love to read about your sweet angel as well as see photos of her before she left. In doing this, it will also help you. I know it took me a few days before I could post but when I did, it helped me so much. Remember we are here for you if you need us. You are more than welcome to pm us if you need to talk or a shoulder to lean on.

Run pain free sweet Mattie. And hugs to you and DH.

Edited by Vinnie