Sarah.. My 19 Yr Old Cat

Guest greymom1997

Guest greymom1997

My sweet Sarah passed away yesterday at 9:30 morning. She passed at home in her favorite sleeping spot. She now joins her sister Lissy that passed Feb 20 '06. I adopted them at 1 yr old. They had come from Florida. A woman found them on the side of the road in a drainage ditch. They were tiny, filthy and starving. She was on her way from Florida to Massachusetts and stopped at vet offices along the way to help her keep them alive and well. She had thought about leaving them in Florida but there are so many stray cats in Talahassee that she knew they would be put to sleep so she took them with her. She had them for a few months in Mass but ultimately couldn't keep them. I adopted them in Feb 1990. They were the coolest cats ever! Everyone loved them. Lissy was a fiery redhead with a very outgoing clingy personality. She loved every grey that came into the house. Sarah was Miss fussbudget. She didn't like to be held and she didn't like to be dirty. She was always washing herself. She tolerated the greys... They were very bonded! They would always sleep together rolled up in a ball. The would always eat together! One wouldn't eat if the other wasn't there.

They have been through SO much with me. Imagine everything you have ever done since 1990. They were there! Lissy passed Feb 06 in my arms. It was really a beautiful moment but excruciatingly painful and raw. Sarah came out of her shell after that. I would find her sleeping next to Phillie. In the last year she began to allow Mia to groom her and love on her. Mia started calling Sarah her cat! I thought she would just keep on going.

I have kept in contact with the woman who I adopted them from and she was profoundly moved when I told her that Sarah had passed. The fact that these two cats that started out so miserably and could have had a life on the streets ended up in a home with a person that LOVED them completely.

I'll miss you my sweet kitties. You are finally together! All my angels are there... Chauncy (the sheltie), Nikki, Hopie, Lissy, Sarah (my kitties), and Hammer, Skip and Phillie (the greys)... You are all together!!! I cannot wait to see you all again!

Sarah on the left, Lissy on the right

HPIM6583.jpg

Guest poopsie1

What a beautiful tribute, Donna. They were truly blessed to have you in their lives. I'll miss Sarah's sweet little meows. Rest well, sweetie, and keep your brothers and sisters in line.

I know you babes have had a very sweet reunion...but please send kissies on a gentle breeze back home. :grouphug I am so sorry for your loss. :f_whitef_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so sorry for your loss. You can believe Sarah has found a warm, sunny spot to share with her sister..... f_yellow

Nancy

th_Chancepool.jpgmissing my Angel, Chance ~ 1/23/99 - 1/24/08 (Fortified Heart)

"...for every joy that passes, something beautiful remains"

Guest KateWantsaGrey
:cry1 i'm really sorry for your loss. 19yrs is a long time to spend with a cat, and bond with them. My heart goes out to you in this hard time.

f_yellow I know exactly what you mean about them being with you for everything since 1990... I had my Weenie cat since '90 & lost her in August.

Hugs to you...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

I'm so sorry for the loss of your long time friend.

[gallery_4177_3286_2416.jpg Neighbor Mike

Inspired by Beloved Angels Danny & Mick

Custom Quilted Coats, Wallhangings & MORE

"From there to here, From here to there, Funny things are everywhere.

Especially with a greyhound in your life!

I'm sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry. :candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg