Sad And Frustrating News

Guest couchpotato

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest OurGreytLife

I am so sorry. Having been down that road myself too many times I understand your shock, pain and disbelief that it's happening again. No words can describe our contempt for cancer or other illnesses that rob us of our loved ones. My thoughts and prayers will be with you.

:grouphug

Guest couchpotato

Thanks eveyone.

It just progresses so fast, one day they are fine the next they need to go. Even when I first posted this I thought we might still have a few weeks left with him, but realizing how much discomfort he is already in (when his pain meds wore off)...

I didn't want to do this at the e-vet, but we may not be able to wait till or usual vet is open tomorrow.

We also lost a cat last year, loosing Jazz will empty the house of pets...

Guest MorganKonaAlex

I'm so sorry. I understand the pain. I lost one in March (to OS) and one in November (to kidney failure).

OS can progress very fast. Morgan started limping on a Friday night and his leg broke Sunday morning. That's how we found out he had OS. That was 2 years ago. He had amputation and chemo and to my surprise, he has outlived the 2 younger dogs we had in the household. He's stil going, although a bit slower these days.

I am so sorry. Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Words can't begin to tell you how sorry I am. It's so unfair that your time has run out so quickly. You're a wonderful grey parent for putting Jazz's well being ahead of the need to keep him with you longer. It's the hardest decision we ever need to make with our babies. Hugs to you and scritches to sweet Jazz. :grouphug

Chris, with Bixby (aka Clive Bixby, fka Taplin's Bull) and the feline buggle brothers, Oliver and Salem.

Kelsey (Watch the Kick), forever in my heart.

It's the words we all dread and fear. I'm so sorry. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I am so sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

It doesn't matter how often we see this on this forum---it's still heartbreaking every single time :brokenheart

:grouphug 's to you and your wife, and gentle healing thoughts to your hound. I'm so very sorry :cry1

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

It's terribly hard to do, and also the most loving thing to do when your hound is in such pain. My prayers are with you... may Jazz transition peacefully, surrounded by those who love him dearly. :hope:bighug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Will be thinking of you today :(

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I'm so very sorry. I know just how you are feeling.

I don't think Chance will last long. I looked him in the eyes this morning and told him to let me know. About an hour later he started to whine and stopped eating and drinking. I don't see any reason to prolong the suffering for him or for us. I think I'm going to see if the vet will stop by tonight and help him over the Bridge. Oh, I do know how your heart is breaking....my sincerest sympathy and condolences.

Nancy

th_Chancepool.jpgmissing my Angel, Chance ~ 1/23/99 - 1/24/08 (Fortified Heart)

"...for every joy that passes, something beautiful remains"

Guest couchpotato

And to you and Chance too. Just a few more hours now for us.

When we lost Iowa the e-vet did something really nice for us, they made an impression of her paw in sculpty. Not sure if our normal vet does this so I bought some and just finished getting an impression of Jazzys' right front paw for remembrance.