Off To Our Vet

Guest ss556

We have an appointment at 10:45 this morning to check Alan's rear legs, mainly the right rear one. He doesn't stand right, he puts it outward and sometimes inward, not bearing all his weight on it. He's been stumbling, shuffling lately and I want to see what we are dealing with. His third eyelid is also red and he has pannus, so that should be checked.

Busy time of year for most, but if you can send good thoughts for my Alan, I would appreciate it. I'm hoping it's something easy to deal with.

Sending lots of good thoughts for sweet Alan.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Always in my thoughts! update when you can.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Back from vet. He has arthritic changes but also shows neurological deficits from mid-back to legs. Said it could be LS, could be disc problems, but is definitely a nerve problem. Both legs are affected but the right is worse. He did the knuckling test on the right leg and Alan was unable to straighten out his paw. He said both rear legs are not normal, doesn't think it's cervical, and knows nothing about acupuncture except it should help w/ chronic conditions and may help Alan for this and his kidney disease. And b/c of the KD, he is limited to what he can get, no steriods, so no depro shots. Can give tramadol if needed, didn't yet in case I follow up w/ a holistic vet. Can do xrays if I want - also to see if there's a tumor; also suggested that a physical therapist may help with the treadmill under water. I'm just trying to think straight now and figure things out. fortunately, Alan is still fine, walks ok, runs a bit, and seems happy. He's eating a lot - he weighs 93 lbs. - A big boy! So, I have to look at the bright side for now:) Thank you very much for all the well wishes, they are greytly appreciated. Any comments, suggestions, etc. will be helpful for me!

Edited by ss556

defintely try the acupuncture...it could take a few visits before you notice an improvement, but it may be noticeable right away, too :hope :hope

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

As you know we have that appointment with Donato the 29th. I expect we will be taking Teddy for a while. See if you can get an appointment there too.

If you want me to go with you, let me know.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Sending prayers and gentle hugs. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.