Cosaquin Ds

Guest ss556

I used to use it - now use Flexadin. Same company and I thought Flexadin was the superseding product. Get it from my vet - it's expensive. Rickie (whippet) had partial carpal fusion surgery in 2004 and I've had him on it since due to the increased risk of arthritis. He's 9 1/2 and is going great, whether due to the supplements or not is impossible to know.

I use Cosequin for Tipper, and have used it on my three senior girls to great benefit. I buy online from http://www.kvvet.com Might be cheaper elsewhere, haven't shopped around much. :dunno

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

I used to use it - now use Flexadin. Same company and I thought Flexadin was the superseding product. Get it from my vet - it's expensive. Rickie (whippet) had partial carpal fusion surgery in 2004 and I've had him on it since due to the increased risk of arthritis. He's 9 1/2 and is going great, whether due to the supplements or not is impossible to know.

Yeah, the supplier I get my Cosequin told me that Flexadin was the updated product and had it on offer so I bought a tub. My dogs didn't want to eat it so I ended up grinding it up in a pestle and mortar ... and during the same period, Jack was throwing up occasionally so I went back to Cosequin DS. He can't take Plaque-Off without throwing up, either. :rolleyes:

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

I was using it for Sugar, and got it from HealthyPets or EntirelyPets, they usually have great sales. I switched to Dasuquin, made by the same company. It is supposed to be better, but I forget why :rolleyes: Unfortuneately, it only comes from the vet, so it is more expensive. Haven't decided what to do when this bottle starts to run out...

I have used it for 4 years (I think) with great results. I use the sprinkle capsules. Also, I've found it's much, much cheaper to have the vet order a year's worth at once instead of the smaller bottles.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

I've been buying it online without prescription for years also (I've never bought any prescriptions online). I've never seen it in a store though, only in vet offices. :dunno

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

I've been buying it online without prescription for years also (I've never bought any prescriptions online). I've never seen it in a store though, only in vet offices. :dunno

My understanding is that you may now be finding it in stores... or may be soon.

Bill

Lady

Bella and Sky at the bridge

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." -Anabele France

FeemanSiggy1.jpg

What is it?

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Cosequine is glucose supplement, for joint health.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

How does it compare to pure glucosomine? Should I be using this with the glucosomine or instead of?

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project