Joe Update From Wendie

Wonder

Just wanted to give everyone an update. Tomorrow will be a week since his dental and we've had NO bleeding the entire week!!! His sneezing and nose rubbing is very very infrequent also!! His stitches look great and his appetite is great and if possible, he's way more playful and cuddly than ever!

Friday will be the ten day mark, which means on Saturday, he will be off the painkillers, off the antibotics, off the soft food, and back on his beloved toys. While I'm very very hopeful that this is the end of the nose issues, it will probably be a week or two after that that I start breathing easy. Once the antibiotics are fully out of his system and he's still not bleeding.

But, so far, very very very good. :) Thank you for all your good thoughts to my very very special boy!

Forever in my Heart Joe T Greyhound, Charly Bear, Angel Daisy, and Katze & Buzz Kitty.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update - one week ago at 7 am, Joe took his last antibiotic!

While he's been a tad bit more sneezy than before, so far, SOOOOO good!!!

I've never seen a boy so happy to have his toys back!

We slowly integrated plain dry kibble back into his diet (and of course, for some reason they both think that kibble with warm water is MUCH better) and he's been back on hard kibble since Wednesday with no problems.

Other than the fact that he looks funny trying to knit his toys, you'd never be able to tell behavior and attitude wise that he's missing his top two canines!

Now if things continue on like this for a few more weeks, I will finally let loose that big sigh of relief that's been waiting to come out since the lol

Forever in my Heart Joe T Greyhound, Charly Bear, Angel Daisy, and Katze & Buzz Kitty.

All fingers crossed!

Have we had any pictures of Joe lately? Hmmmm?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

so glad to hear he's doing so much better, Wendie!!! :yay :yay :yay :yay

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

:yay Joe!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Looking good, Joe!!!!! Keep on having problem-free days so your mom and the rest of us can be relieved!!!!

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background