Back To The Vet We Go....

Trudy

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending good thoughts for Ryan. Hope you can get to the bottom of it today. :goodluck

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

He's with our vet this morning and afternoon.

He doesn't feel it is cushings (I left a msg for him last week about it and he's been trying to get in touch with the neurologist), but is going to do some xrays/ultrasound and a tap to figure out what the fluid is in his belly. Then we go from there.

More good thoughts from over here.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest greytmonty

I am so sorry he is not feeling well. Are they going to do full labs at the same time? When we were at U Penn for one of our 10,000 visits we met a grey who had a swollen belly and he had liver problems.

Best wishes from Philly, keep us posted!

I've never spent so much before to not have answers.

But I heard some wonderful words this afternoon when I picked up Ryan....

"no blood and I didn't see evidence of anything fatal"

Still doesn't know what is going on, but he thinks it very well could be something with his liver, so we did another set of bloodwork, some clotting testing, fluid testing, xrays, ultrasound (saw no tumors with what he could see), enlarged spleen even for a greyhound, and a bile acid test, urinalysis.

He'd like to possibly do a biopsy of his liver and spleen, but wont' touch him until he has results back from the coagulation profile.

And his radiologist has said the same thing as all the others about the MRI... "What the hell is going on with this dog?!" and hadn't seen anything like it.

He's confident it is all related - neck, seizure this weekend, fluid - all progression of one disease that they don't know what is yet.

We should know more starting tomorrow and later this week as the results come in.

Oh Trudy, I'm sorry you still have no answers. I will say that Chancy's abdomen looked very much like Ryan's when her spleen was very enlarged. We never found the root cause of her illness either. :sad1 Poor guy, I hope you all can find some relief soon. :goodluck

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest snowberry

This may be way off, and I'm sure your vet is testing for this along with all the other possibilities, but have you heard of histoplasmosis?

http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/index.js...tm/bc/51108.htm

One of the symptoms, ascites, involves fluid collecting in the abdominal cavity.

Let us know, whatever it turns out to be - sending prayers for your pup!

Guest PiagetsMom

I'm sorry - I know you're frustrated and worried. I hope the test results give you the answers you need to get Ryan's treatment started and back on the road to good health. :grouphug

How frustrating for all of you.

I hope tomorrow brings some answers and a simple solution :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!