Finally Registered

Guest wrfd306

Guest wrfd306

Well, after lurking here for a while I finally registered. My wife and I have a 4 year old retired racer. Her racing name was WP Franchise, so we just call her Frannie. We have had her for about 1-1/2 years now (I had wanted a greyhound for about 8 years, but didn't have a place where I could own a dog) Now, I am trying to convince my wife we need another one. "You know Frannie NEEDS a friend." Here's a couple pics.... :colgatefrannie.jpg

roaching.jpg

Welcome! Of course Frannie needs a friend.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Frannie appears quite happy on "her" couch. Welcome to the group!

Mom to Bella, Trinity, Cricket, DB, Dabber and Sidewinder
As well as Gizmo, Miles, Pumba, Leo, Toby, Sugar, Smokey, Molly, Jasmine, Axel, Billy, Maggie-Mae, Duncan, Sam (MH King 2019), Bambi, Stella, Bay and "Gerty the cat" at the Bridge

Guest bowiebears

Welcome from the MD 'burbs of DC!

And Frannie needs a Kukla or an Ollie -- or maybe both -- to make her life complete, dontcha think?

--Isaac

Hi from SoCal. :wave What a gorgeous girlie you have... love the white feet and marking on her nose. :wub: Absolutely she needs a friend. :) And then a bigger couch, too. ;)

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest greywen

How sweet , she looks so happy i would love another but circumstances don't allow at the moment. If your in the position to get her a buddy go for it.

Frannie needs a cohort in doggie crime. Because now when you come home and something is "changed" in the house, there is no doubt on the guilty party. And you have already lost the couch to her, let her share it with another greyt

Greg

newsig1127ab_zps4af4600d.jpg
Isis, Always in my Heart Bijou, My Sweetest Angel

Guest wrfd306

Yeah, I am still pushing for her buddy, I am just worried because we were very fortunate with Frannie, She was a send back who had been returned to the adoption agency. When we got her she was already house broken and pretty well adapted to retired life. I am sure we'd be pretty hard pressed to be so lucky again. Also,is there anything we should be concerned with or special precautions we should take with bringing a second grey into "Frannie's" house? I know they are typically good with other Greys but I am afraid that Frannie has become comfy being an only dog. :huh

A friendly Hello from Germany.

I think Frannie would like to have a playfriend.

Maybe you can make it like a friend of mine. Her Borzoi boy ( 9 years old) needed a new fellow when his old fellow went over the rainbowbridge with 12 years.

So my girlfriend had a meeting with another friend of mine, who had that time to her own 12 greys two greys new from Ireland.

They met on a daily walk , look here

rudel-20.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

and the blue Greygirl run to the Borzoi, they sad hello :colgate

And that it was bevor my girlfriend was driving home with two dogs :colgate after the walk.

IMG_0664.jpg

I wish you and Frannie good luck.

Meantime they live together 10 month happy.

She's adorable :wub:

welcome to GT :colgate

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Guest Mommy2Gideon

Hi and welcome to the boards. It was my husband who wanted the grey for about 10 years. So after we bought our house this summer he got his baby! We got our first one 5 weeks ago he's 2.5 years old. I'm completely in love with this dog and we are chipping next week. We go on Friday to pick out a brother for Gideon.

So YES YES YES Frannie needs a friend!

Guest wrfd306

Well, It looks like we will hopefully be bringing home a friend for Frannie next week. Timimg couldn't be better, me and the misses are both on vacation next week. Hopefully everything works out, I'll keep everyone posted and get pics up as soon as possible.