I'm Taking Mr. Murphy To The Vet

I have an appointment in an hour. Last night when Sean came home Murph yelped going down the stairs. He is a drama queen so we didn't think much of it. But, at bed time he yelped going downstairs to go out and then on both flights back upstairs to bed. He really hesitated and then rushed the stairs. Same thing this morning.

Meredith was looking him over at Dewey since he seemed to be walking stiffly. He had no obvious limp and on a trot flowed really smoothly. Keep your fingers crossed that he's just getting arthritis. I have withheld his breakfast and will ask if I can leave him for x-rays.

Maureen, Sean, Molly (Garnett Madonna) and Sully (Starz Top Style)

gallery_1382_2909_6961.jpg

Visit LongDog Leather Works for adjustable leather martingales, wrap around leather tag bags, breakaway tag necklaces and cool leather people gear. Check out our Etsy store!

Guest DoofBert

COme on Murphy..... hang in there buddy..... did you party too much at Dewey?! You know, we ain't as young as we used to be!

Lubs,

The Pocono Black Pack

vet thinks it's his neck. He watched a smooth trot and walk and manipulated both front legs up one side and down the other. He watched him go down a flight of steps to see nothing but coming up he did lunge rather than step and yelped. When he extended his head up and left and right he got little wimpers. I left him for xrays.

I hope it is something simple that anti-inflammatories will help with. Perhaps I should look into chiro for him too?

Visit LongDog Leather Works for adjustable leather martingales, wrap around leather tag bags, breakaway tag necklaces and cool leather people gear. Check out our Etsy store!

If you need a chiro, I've got a good one and she'll come to your home. I'll pm you her email address.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest LUVMYBABIES

Hey Maureen,

Hope Mr. Murphy is okay. Gaby's Tinkerbelle (you know, the barking black wonder) has had neck problems and she has accupuncture that has helped enormously. Let us know how the fella is doing.

Shannon

If you need a chiro, I've got a good one and she'll come to your home. I'll pm you her email address.

Yeah she rocks! Inu loves her visits. Salem not so much.

Colleen with Covey (Admirals Cove) and Rally (greyhound puppy)
Missing my beloved boy INU (CJ Whistlindixie) my sweetest princess SALEM (CJ Little Dixie) and my baby girl ZOE (LR's Tara)

Yes to chiropractic and acupuncture.

Sending prayers!

I've already sent Mo all my contacts :lol

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Hey Mo,

I hope it's nothing serious. Let us know how the x-rays turn out. Give that boy a smootch for me.

Deb

Edited by Pinky

x rays are clean. Vet gave him a cortisone shot and is sending him home on pred. I'll be getting Bailey's old harness out for him to use. I'll wait a few days to see how he responds to the pred and then I may go see a different vet (who is a lot closer to me) who can do accupuncture on him.

Yes to chiropractic and acupuncture.

Sending prayers!

I've already sent Mo all my contacts :lol

Good!!!

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****