Blitz Update Saturday Afternoon 9/29

Brian and I visited with Blitz this afternoon. He is about the same. He did pop his head up when we first got in view of his "cell," but then just laid there and panted while we visited. The weekend vet said the swelling has gone down a little bit in his front legs, but they are still keeping them wrapped because his injured paw is still seeping. They think he is less red overall - I'm not sure because his belly was not wrapped today but it was yesterday. His belly is a very deep red, but the vet thinks it may be a progression towards healing. His blood values came back, and things are still a little wonky but not overly concerning at this point. She is not as concerned about DIC as they were yesterday, but he is clearly not out of the woods by any means. I forgot to ask if there was still blood in his urine.

Some preliminary biopsy results were in - he definitely has moderate IBD, and his liver was definitely inflamed. Nothing horrible yet.

The vet said she will feel much better if she sees improvement tomorrow as that will be a little more than 48 hours since stopping the Amicar.

I think I will be cancelling our Dewey reservations - I MAY pop over there for the day, but I can't see that he will be improved enough for us to take him, and we're not leaving him behind.

Deanna with galgo Willow, greyhound Finn, and DH Brian
Remembering Marcus (11/16/93 - 11/16/05), Tyler (2/3/01 - 11/6/06), Frazzle (7/2/94 - 7/23/07), Carrie (5/8/96 - 2/24/09), Blitz (3/28/97 - 6/10/11), Symbra (12/30/02 - 7/16/13), Scarlett (10/10/02 - 08/31/13), Wren (5/25/01 - 5/19/14),  Rooster (3/7/07 - 8/28/18), Q (2008 - 8/31/19), and Momma Mia (2002 - 12/9/19).