What's This In His Mouth?

ahicks51

Guest Tenderhearts
A quick inspection of the mouth last night showed the left lateral aspect of the tongue has less of the white material than before- parts of it have detached from the tongue itself. It's on the run, and FAST.

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear there is some improvement. :hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

OMG! Glad it's getting better.

All I can add is that I take an inhaled steroid that has a possible side effect of thrush. You are supposed to rinse your mouth after every usage. I've used it for years without rinsing or problems. However, after seeing the pics in this thread I am rinsing thoroughly! :eek

Hope your pup continues to improve!!!

Lexi the pointeresque mutt (1999), Homer the chi mix (2010) and Lacey the ? (2009). Always remembering Dita, Best, Oba, Bubba, and the others at the bridge.

Guest GentleHugs

Just a thought here but since you speak of Arizona and Dr. Yochum, has your Grey ever been titered for Valley Fever? It's also a fungal infection and can be treated with fluconazole. Valley Fever can present some really strange symptoms because it's a fungal spore in the soil down there.

I hope he gets over whatever it is.

GentleHugs,

Therese

Just a thought here but since you speak of Arizona and Dr. Yochum, has your Grey ever been titered for Valley Fever? It's also a fungal infection and can be treated with fluconazole. Valley Fever can present some really strange symptoms because it's a fungal spore in the soil down there.

VF is nasty, but it doesn't physically manifest. In other words, you can't see it grow- unlike this booger. Plus, there's no neurological stuff going on.

Coco continues to improve. No coughing! I'll pry open his mouth later this evening and see if there are any mushrooms in there.

Dangit. Now I want a mushroom burger.

Coco (Maze Cocodrillo)

Minerva (Kid's Snipper)

You might consider giving him L. Acidophilus supplements (same bacteria found in yogurt but in far higher concentrations and doesn't require feeding him dairy products). You can feed him pills or flavored tablets in his regular food. Just make sure you keep it refrigerated. That stuff works absolute wonders in keeping yeastie beasties at bay.

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

Guest IrskasMom

Well ...... after seeing this and reading every Post , I thought I better check Morty's Mouth. Far from it......

he will not open his Mouth , oh no . How did you ever get his Mouth open to take a Pic.

I am glad he is Improving . Hugs to Coco and you :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Guest nursenearlyther
Maybe a visit to Dr. Yocham is in order if the meds don't work? The drive sucks but he knows his stuff... Sending good vibes your way...

He's crackerjack at the stuff that breaks dogs, but I'm in need of an infectious diseases kind of person right now. Don't know how he is in that category. (BTW- if you were at the Gilbert vet clinic today with the greyhound, we bumped into you and yours!)

Nope wasn't us! :colgate