Flossing Teeth

Plain or minty? :P

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest LolasMom
Plain

I wish I would have had a camera ready. The look on her face... TORTURE

I don't know why but that image just tickles my funny-bone :rotfl:rotfl

I thought the plaque would come off but it didn't so I gave up. It stinks too (yes, I smelled it. :rofl)

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Did you use regular floss or a flosser? Just curious, because I've occasionally wondered if anyone tried to floss their dog's teeth.

I tried one of those on Dancer's teeth the other day. It was fairly useless and what came off was pretty gross.

Dancer was not impressed either.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Did you use regular floss or a flosser? Just curious, because I've occasionally wondered if anyone tried to floss their dog's teeth.

I used this

home_13.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Guest Tigonie

Well, I thought about trying it, but I figured it would be of more use to start right after she got a dental. The vet says her teeth are ok for now, so it may be a while until she needs one. Emma would do just about anything for me, but I wondered if it was worth it to subject the poor dog to flossing. :lol

The fact that what comes out is gross actually makes me more inclined to think about flossing her, though. I floss my own teeth EVERY night, basically because what comes out is gross. I'd hate to have stuff in my teeth overnight. I'm sure it can't be any better for the dog.

If you can get the dog to go along, it's probably a good thing for their gums. But I keep hearing the music from the Vonage VoIP phone ads...

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Guest Hannah

:lol

my vet does mini dentals on cats and dogs by pinging as much plaque off their teeth as he can with his thumb nail while they are in to see him for whatever reason. its dangerous being in the same room as he has perfected the art of pinging the chunks out of the animals mouth :blink: I can't say about any other animals but mine all just sit there with their mouth open for him :rolleyes:

I used a coin on her teeth yesterday too and got some nice chunks off. It's so satisfying getting a chunk off. :lol

Kari and the pups.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Guest CaroleWithRunningDogs

And you're not using bones to take the plaque off? They sell dental scrapers to use for dogs, which is so much cleaner than a coin - Kari I can't believe you did that....really?

Guest SquanHound

I have tried to floss as well, but it doesn't work out so well. I have had a little (not a whole lot more though) luck with getting the in between gunk out with the dental scrapper.

Guest BooMooandDoo
which is so much cleaner than a coin - Kari I can't believe you did that....really?

I don't think my pups care how clean something is before they put it in their mouths. . .actually the dirtier the better . ..

Truman has an affinity for anything decaying and gross. . . . don't think a coin will really hurt that much :dunno

:lol

my vet does mini dentals on cats and dogs by pinging as much plaque off their teeth as he can with his thumb nail while they are in to see him for whatever reason. its dangerous being in the same room as he has perfected the art of pinging the chunks out of the animals mouth :blink: I can't say about any other animals but mine all just sit there with their mouth open for him :rolleyes:

Our vet's must have gone to the same school!

I've tried it myself but with not luck. I'm going to have to look into a dental tool.