Oshkosh Ed

Guest greyhound

Guest greyhound

We lost Ed a week ago. He was our handsome and gentle Big Blue Brindle Boy.

He was our first Greyhound. I came home from work one day in 1998 and found a horse in my house. I knew we were getting a dog, but not a horse!

Actually, if you put Deer antlers, he looked more like a Deer.

I had to carry that 80lb horse on my shoulders for a week to go up and down the stairs.

On his first night, we tried to get him to sleep in his crate. Nope, ain't goin' there again, he said. So he never saw a crate again.

I made a pink blanket for him on the floor, and DW, Ed, and I went to sleep.

At 0530, he wakes up. Comes over to the bed and stares at me. Hey! Get up! I'm hungry and I wanna poop!

No one told us that we had adopted a military horse.

Anyhoo, he learned to bark, walk stairs, wrestle, catch Frisbees, and never bit a soul. Well, his aim got bad in his older years when we wrestled on the floor, and he did puncture my scalp.

I thought it was over, 2 years ago. He fell and could barely stand, for a long time.

We sought chiropractic and also a LSS treatment with Depro. He only had one shot in his whole life.

He started trotting and running again, and even at 12 years, I had to videotape it to make believers.

Ed passed suddenly, 2 days after his 12th birthday. I got up, we ran, we pooped, and I went to work. At 4:00pm, he became disoriented, started panting, and basically did not recognize us. He made it through the night, but our answer was crystal clear the next morning.

It was time for him to cross.

We miss you, you handsome boy, but we know we were so lucky to have you first, have you so long, and that every day was great, until the very last.

Run free you silly horse!

Guest PhillyPups

I am so very very sorry for your loss, and feel the love he knew in your post.

Run with the angels Ed, you are with some of the very best.

Guest FullMetalFrank

I am sorry for your loss; from your tribute to him, he sounds like a wonderful boy. We have a big brindle horse here, just love those big boys. Run free at the Bridge, Ed, you will be missed.

Guest how888

What a handsome boy, I love the pictures on greyhound data. He looks like a sweet and gentle soul. Godpeed and know we will all meet n greet one last time at the bridge, "Somewhere Over The Rainbow." Send mommy a sign and run with the angels.

I am so sorry. :candle Run like the wind Ed with all the other grey angels. :gh_run

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Goodbye Ed, you were so handsome and good. :f_red

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

My deepest sympathy. Run free sweetheart....until you meet again...he's just a rainbow away. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest BlackandBrindle

That was a beautiful tribute to a special hound who was obviously loved very much. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Guest chigal950

Very obviously a dog life well lived. I am sorry for your loss but it sounds like you enjoyed your time together to the fullest.

Guest PiagetsMom

It sounds like Ed had a wonderful forever home with you and it's obvious you loved him very much.....I'm so sorry for your loss :grouphug

:cry1f_yellow:grouphug I'm so sorry for your loss of beautiful Ed. What a handsome guy. The picture of him all lit up in lights is adorable. He truly was a shining star.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Wrapped in Christmas lights then, and now wrapped in stars.

I'm sorry he's gone.

Sleep well, handsome lad.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.