My Sweet Lady Has Crossed The Bridge

Guest LadyChester

Guest LadyChester

My dear, sweet, funny face -- Bally Brit Lady -- went to the bridge last night. Although she had battled her fair share of illness in her 10 years she was taken from us pretty quickly. She started screaming in pain Tuesday night. A trip to the er vet and it was determined she either had very severe lumboscaral disease or a tumor. Due to other health issues, the medications they could use to make her comfortable were quite limited. She had a good two days and, being the feisty gal she was, she fought a good fight. I thought I was going to have some more time with my Girly Girl but it was not to be. The horrible pain returned last night and our wonderful vet came to the house to send her to the bridge. She was in our arms and with her greyhound brothers when she passed. I am thankfully it was peaceful.

Lady was my first greyhound and she blazed the way for 3 others. I can't believe how quiet it seems with "just" 3 greys ... never thought I'd say that. My heart is broken and know that letting her go was the right thing, but that doesn't make the emptiness feel any better. You were the bestest girl I could have ever asked for, Lady ... always the Belle of the Ball, Lady Jane, Big Girl, Baby Girl, Girlikins, Funny Face, Ladleladleladee ... I will always cherish our time together and know that I will hold you in my heart always. Run free without pain, honey ... you'll have your toofers back now :angel

Love,

Mom :beatheart:beatheart:beatheart

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so sorry. Take comfort in knowing your sweet girl is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

run free Lady. Your tribute was beautiful. I am sorry for your loss. may you cherish the memories forever.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Guest greytmonty

Kim, I am so sorry. Please call or PM or email me if you want to talk. I know how much you loved Lady. f_yellow f_yellow f_yellow f_yellow f_yellow

Guest jeannejj

I am so sorry for your loss of Lady. It's always hard to say goodbye to a cherished friend. May the beautiful memories stored in your heart bring you comfort.

run free, sweet Lady.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

Guest Carla

Dear Kim,

I am so very sorry for your loss. Please accept my sincere heartfelt condolences.

Godspeed sweet Lady.

:f_pink:gh_run:f_pink

Hugs,

Carla

I am so sorry for the pain you are feeling. I'm sure my Lady was there to make her welcome.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest Tenderhearts

Kim, heartfelt condolences to you. Unfortunately I can so relate to feeling the 'quiet', the empty spot, even with other dogs still in the house. I still haven't quite gotten past that myself.

May God hold your aching heart in his hands, and I know Lori Ann and Skittle were there to greet your special Lady! :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug