Onyx

CleosMom

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Carla

Oh Tania,

I am so sorry for your loss. Your sweet Onyx is running at the Bridge smiling down upon you thanking you for the time you had together. She will always be with you in spirit.

Godspeed Onyx.

:f_pink:f_pink:gh_run2:f_pink:f_pink

Hugs,

Carla

Guest greymomx2

Your Onyx was certainly a beautiful girl. I'm sure she's an even more beautiful angel up in heaven. Run free sweet Onyx. I'm very sorry for your loss. :(:f_white

Guest VelvetEars

A beautiful girl, now a beautiful angel gracing the heavens with her presence. They are ours but for a moment, they are God's forever.

Thoughts and prayers........

I'm so sorry for your loss!!!

she was a very beautiful girl...run free now, sweet Onyx :f_pink

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Oh, no...Oh, Tania...

My heart is breaking for you. I'm so so so sorry...

This is one of my favorite pictures from Dewey 2003.

171546214.jpg

171546607.jpg

171546602.jpg

All my love to you Tania sent in great big hugs.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

I am so sorry. Gorgeous pictures Tams I hope they are able to remind Tania of some of the happy times, because it is with smiles that Onyx would want to be remembered I think :grouphug

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

Guest cannonsmom

I will never forget how our relationship started. I went to FOG to volunteer and was warned not to look in your direction because, I would fall in love with you instantly.

I didn’t have to look at you, as you came straight to me and put your nose in my lap. That same day, I took you home. You were destined to be mine.

Having been such a good racer, they turned you into a brood mom. When you were placed for adoption, I was told that you were the oldest dog in the kennels and that you wouldn’t be around long, but that did not sway me. You were 9. I gladly took you because quite frankly how could I not? You were so smart. You were patient and kind; you stood by my side every moment we were together. You gave me your paw, you walked without a leash and never left my side, you let me do whatever I wanted with you, you did things that not every greyhound does.

Every person that met you always singled you out from the rest of the gang. The always said, “I love THIS one”. “She is so friendly, so gentle”. I would smile and my response never wavered. “You can’t have her” I would say.

We went on so many vacations together. Delaware (Dewey Beach), St Augustine, The Keys, Jekyll Island (Sandy Paws) You brought me so much joy and I was so proud to tell everyone that you were a champ who produced 22 offspring –8 of which raced and have gone on to become broods and sires. You were famous in my eyes. You led the parade @ Woofstock -- our annual group gathering as the most senior greyhound the group had adopted out. We even made the front page of the Miami Herald newspaper that day.

image001.jpg

You grew old and your body began to show me the signs. Last year I found out that what you had was kidney disease. Early on both of your vets told me to prepare myself but how could I begin to prepare myself to lose YOU? I bought a book on pet loss. I called my friends, the vet, and greyhound owners alike to ask for advice but as much as everyone tried to help, I couldn’t stop the inevitable. There were a lot of tears and a lot more aches; our time together was running out.

Our walks became shorter, our trips to the vet more frequent. Little by little the time that I was given with you was flying by and it was never enough. I bought medical books; I researched your disease on line. I emailed friends who had gone thru the same thing with their hounds but nothing worked. I cooked the foods that were required for you, but when you didn’t want to eat the vet said that I had to give you whatever you would eat. I went for short walks alone with you, I cried as I held your face and spoke to you. I told you that I loved you more than anything else in the world and asked you to tell me when it was time. I asked God many times to let you go in your sleep because I knew you weren’t going to give me the sign. You didn’t want to go as much as I didn’t want you to leave me.

In the end, you suffered, because you fought even in your final hours. There will never be another you Onyx. You left a hole in my heart the size of you.

I love you and take solace in knowing you are no longer suffering. Till we meet again Mama Moo…….

Your mom

I am truly sorry about your Onyx. I lost my angel Corky earlier this week, so I know exactly how you feel. It is so very hard...you care for them, love them and inevitably have to watch them get old. You gave Onyx the best years of her life, and I know she is looking down on you from the bridge as she runs around like the fast hound she was meant to be and eats whatever she wants (I'm sure my Corky is doing just that...he too had to have a restricted diet toward the end.) You are not alone in your grief...

I'm sorry. :( Your story about Onyx and you reminds me so much of Magic and me. So many things are similar including losing our girls to kidney disease. We lost Magic in March. I know the sadness you are feeling. Thank you for telling us about her. How lucky you both were to have each other. Sending prayers for you heart to heal.

:f_pink:gh_run2:f_pink

greytalksignatureresized.jpg

Tania :grouphug Im so sorry I remember being there the day you adopted her! I was the one who told you if you looked at her she'd be yours... and she was :wub: She was an extrodinary soul and had such an impact on the lives of those who met her. She was loved by many.... Our angels are together now Tania :angelwings

2girlsbeach.jpg

3gt.jpg

TaniaOnyxCannonbeach.jpg

Onyxwithdog.jpg

Onyxandcannonbylake.jpg

onyxcannonandatrium.jpg

I didn't know if you had these so I revived the old Mac and got them off of there for you.... If you need anything Tania call me. Ill be home for a few more weeks. I know how bad it hurts. You're in my prayers :hope

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Guest argolola

I am crying as I read the heartfelt tribute to your angel girl. What a terrible loss you have experienced.

Please take comfort in knowing that you gave her a wonderful life. Always remember that love never dies.

How are her brother and sister holding up? Sending big hugs and lots of prayers to you. God bless.

Edited by argolola

Guest Zophia

That was a beautiful tribute to you gorgeous little girl. I cried when I first heard, but am crying harder now.

Miss Dynasty (Rlm's Dynasty) sends love, licks, and head butts to her grandma's mommy. She is the daughter of Love Gun, one of Onyx's little girls.

062806-02.jpg

Our whole family sends our thoughts to you. :f_white:f_white

I am sorry. I know how much you are hurting. We never have enough time. Can you even begin to imagine how beautiful the heavens are...graced with all of our Angels. My prayers and sympathy. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.