Fly Free, Volanteer

Guest greyladydown

Guest greyladydown

I'm still in shock as I write this. It all happened so fast. Vol was acting strangely today, very aggressive one minute and his sweet self the next. I took him for a walk in the park about 3:30. We had a nice, brisk walk. He was fine when I loaded him in the car, but by the time we had gotten home 7 minutes later, his tongue was so swollen that he could barely breathe and his eyes were also completely shut. I rushed him to the vet (about 10 minutes from my house) and they treated him immediately. He never responded to any of the medications and he just crashed on the floor. He was almost in a coma. I made the most painful decision of my life and sent him to the bridge. I was with him until the end.

Thanks to everyone who helped Vol come into my life and to all that kept him in their thoughts and prayers. He was truly a special boy.

Fly Free, Volanteer. I will always love you.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest how888

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry for this tragedy to come into your life so fast. May your good memories comfort you in the days to come. My heart aches for you for I know how you must feel. Godspeed Vol and know he is just a rainbow away. Look to our Heavens tonight for another bright and shining star. :f_red:f_red:f_red

I'm so sorry. Sending warmest hugs to you and all who loved Volanteer.

Godspeed, handsome.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Godspeed sweet one

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Oh how I am sorry to read this.... Thank you for helping this sweet boy. Volanteer for whatever reason it wasn't meant to be but I know you are having a grand time at the bridge and there were plenty of angles to meet you. You are now whole and healthy again. Godspeed sweety....

Praying for all the missing greys!

Guest Carla

How terribly sad. Try to think of all the wonderful times you had together. Volanteer is whole and heathly again smiling down upon you thanking you for taking care of him. He will always be with in spirit.

:f_red:f_red:gh_runner:f_red:f_red

Carla

Edited by Carla

Guest ChiGreyLove

I am so, so sorry. My baby was just taken from me very suddenly and I know how hard it is. You did so much for him and now he can run free.

Guest DogDayzGreyz

What a shock for you! I am so, so sorry! Volanteer will live on in many hearts here on GT, mine included.

Godspeed, sweet boy. :f_white

:( I am so sorry. Godspeed....Run with to our Angels Sweetheart...run free. You are so loved and missed honey. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest lotsahounds

I'm so sorry! What a terrible shock for you but how wonderful for Vol that you were right with him til the end. Run free sweet boy, you were loved.

I'm so glad he made his way home to you before this had to happen.

He knew he was loved. :f_yellow

Godspeed Volanteer. :gh_run2

Edited by foxysmom

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.