Fly Free, Volanteer

Guest greyladydown

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DaffyToons

I'm so, so sorry. :sad1 Rest in peace, Volanteer!

It sure does seem as if there were underlying issues that had never been discovered. Now he is at peace.

:brokenheart

:cry1:f_white I am not placing blame or anything, but I wonder if he could have gotten into some kind of poison at the other home...it all just seems so strange and awful :grouphug

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

I am sorry. :cry1:grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

OMG. My heart aches for you... :( I'm so very sorry for your loss of your precious boy. :grouphug Godspeed, sweet Volanteer...

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest Winterwish

Oh I just don't know what to say--I'm so sorry. My heart hurts for both of you.

Your devotion to,and love for Volanteer will be with him forever and always. :grouphug

Until you meet again,rest easy sweet Volanteer,forever loved and restored at the Bridge ~

:angel:f_white:f_pink:f_white:candle

:( How very tragic. I'm so very sorry. :grouphugf_yellow

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest jeannejj

I am so sorry for your loss of Vol. It's always hard to say goodbye to a friend, and I know how hard that final act of love is. Peace to you and may your memories help ease the pain.

Run free, sweet Volanteer.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

Guest PhillyPups

I am so shocked and saddened. Thank GoD he had you with him to the end. It is so devastating to lose one so suddenly. Hugs to you and prayers for Vol.

Guest greyladydown

Thank you for all the caring posts. I'm still trying to make sense of all of this. As you may know, Vol had been having some health problems and was returned to us because of his escalating aggression and seizures (?). When we got him, he had bits of dried paint all over his back. I removed the paint by snipping it off of his fur. He went to the vet on Monday and was scheduled for a series of tests, pending the receipt of his medical records from his former vet. (Those records never came.)

The vets had thought that he either was bitten by a spider or had a blood clot. We never were able to find a bite mark, and the fact that he continued to get worse, despite all of the treatment has the vets stumped. I can't tell you how helpless I felt watching him slip into a coma. There was no more life left in his eyes.

I miss him, and I can't wait for his ashes to be returned to me.