Cc Aka Carbon Copy

SonnyNCarmsMom

post-628-1145326518_thumb.jpg

It seems like there's no way it could have been almost four years since we first picked up CC from Ebro. We had adopted CC's littermate, Carmella, one year earlier, and when we realized her sister was still racing, we asked her owner if we could have her when she'd finished racing. She agreed, and CC's career ended shortly thereafter. DH and I drove out to Ebro to get her, and she was the spitting image of Carmella, so much that we had trouble reminding strangers on the way back not to pet her, as we woudl forget we didn't really know her, that she wasn't Carmella. We intended all along only to foster her, but it was still heartbreaking to let her go three weeks later. It was wonderful, however, to send her off with my father in law and his wife, who have loved and cherished her these brief four years. She brought joy to their lives and loved her home with Shadow the Siberian Husky and PITA the cat.

CC and Carmella lived together again when my in-laws cared for Sonny & Carm while we were between homes, just last year.

CC is not even seven years old, and she was diagnosed with osteosarcoma one month ago, and will cross the rainbow bridge tomorrow. Please think of her, and think of my father in law and his wife, Cindy.

They are giving CC anything and everything she wants. My father-in-law said to his wife, okay, I think we should let her on the sofa now, whenever she wants. Only then did Cindy tell him that CC has been allowed on the sofa from day 1 (they work different shifts) and Cindy vacuumed the sofa every day so he wouldn't know. She was a well loved dog, and will be missed by all.

Take care CC, you will be out of pain soon, and in peace with your greyhound friends...

Above, CC is on the left, Carmella is on the right...

Angel Sonny aka Whistlin Bill, 62314; Carmella aka Eg Rain Dust, 81693

Plus Boudreaux, Calzone & Hops the cats, Katie & Tony the humans and our Terrific Skinkids Tommy and Jimmy

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars...Oscar Wilde

I am so sorry. :f_pink

Godspeed CC.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest how888

My prayers are with all who were in contact with CC. May those beautiful memories help comfort all of you in the next few days. My heart is so heavy right now, I can only say I'm so very sorry. Just know CC will forever be pain free "Somewhere Over The Rainbow." til we all meet one last time. Godspeed CC. You were so loved and will never be forgotten. :grouphug:f_pink:f_pink

:cry1 I'm so sorry. CC and everyone who loves her are in my prayers. :grouphugf_yellow

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Sending prayers to CC and her loving family for a gentle transition to the Bridge. What a beautiful girlie... who will leave such a big hole in so many hearts. :brokenheart Am asking my Bridge angels to watch over her. :beatheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest jettcricket

Yet another one being taken by that dreaded disease. :( I'm so sorry....it's just so not fair. God speed pretty girl...please tell my boy, Chance, that mommy misses him. :brokenheart

What a beutiful girl. I am so glad she had a wonderful forever home and that was because of you taking her from the track when she was retired. I lost one at the same age to OS. it's horrible. Run free and fast CC

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

I am so sorry. :( Run fast and free at the Bridge Sweet CC. :grouphugf_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

:o OMG! Has it been that long already? I remember when you got her and wanted to keep her. :) I had tears in my eyes when you posted the story and tears in my eyes today :cry1 It's just not fair!!!!!

I'm so sorry for CC and your family :grouphug

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

I am so sorry. :candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg