A Day In Hell

Pepsi2004

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a painful situation. I'm so very sorry that you are facing something so heart wrenching. Warm thoughts and prayers for you. Please don't punish yourself for letting Evette return to the group. Sometimes even strong, loving relationships can take a "hit" from which they can't quite recover.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Yesterday, DH buried Lacey - he was away when this all happened and he picked her body up at the vet's yesterday. The house feels so empty - Lacey slept by my side of the bed and was such a quiet, sweet girl. Evette was the happy go lucky one of the pack - I just can't understand why this happened. I have darling Foley left and my Jack Russell, Sydney. Foley spent time looking for Lacey and whinning - she kept going into my bedroom and sniffing her bed. I have no idea what the group is intending for Evette - I did write that she was not to be placed with other pets or children - I am so afraid that they may have put her down!! :weep I can't shake the grief - my heart is still so broken - thank you to all of you for you messages and PMs. I won't be on the board much for awhile as I deal with this - I love you all and give all your Greys an extra hug and kiss from me.

pepsi-2009.jpg?t=1262016678

Guest GiJenn51

I'm so so sorry. I know losing a pet is hard enough. Giving a pet back often times goes against the very grain of our being too.

:bighug

i just read this...i am so sorry. what an awful experience :hugs

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

My deepest sympathies to you on your losses. What a horrible experience to go through.

When you are at your lowest, that is the time to turn to this forum. When I lost Cody, it was under different circumstances, and also very sudden. The only thing that held me up was the love and support I received here. Please don't stay away too long. There are people here that have had the same thing happen, and while most of us have not been through this horrible kind of tragedy, we will be here for you.

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Run free at the bridge with Cody, sweet Lacey.

:gh_run2:gh_run2

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Guest BUGNOREPLY

post-11137-1143427976.jpg

Today I have been living in hell - my Evette, that I have had for almost 2 years, attacked the 12 year old girl, Lacey. Her wounds were so bad that she has crossed the rainbow bridge. I won't go into details, but the vet indicated it would be a very long and hard healing process, so with her in my arms, Lacey joined my dear Pepsi and all the other pets that have gone before her. Evette had attacked a foster last summer that I had and there was a large vet bill for that incident. Given that 2 dogs were so seriously hurt, I returned Evette to the group I got her from - I feel like I have betrayed her - I am 55 years old and have never given up a dog before. I cannot begin to describe the pain I am feeling - that Lacey's life had to end this way and that Evette is gone.

f_yellow I'M SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSSES !!!