• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
Guest AaronsMom

Hi, new question on pictures.

I was trying to add 2 photos to my signature.... in photobucket, when I right click and check properties, it shows that each is sized at 160 x 120 pixels, and each is approx. 4K bytes in size.

Yet when I select the bottom IMG code to copy then paste to the signature update place, they suddenly are 3 times the size in pixels? Therefore, well over the 15K limit.

Any suggestions? Thx.

Guest AaronsMom
seems like you are viewing the thumbnail image (small) and linking to the full size one.

No thumbnails in this photobucket folder that I can see. I was attempting to use this picture:

IMG_3696-2.jpg

In my photobucket folder it claims it is 4K (160x125 pixels). When I paste it into signature, it suddenly becomes over 17K... but pixels remain the same.

When I tried to resize the picture to make it even smaller, the Kbyte size grew!! so I am really confused. Sounds like I have to do something to the original picture before bringing into photobucket, and I haven't found the trick yet.

No thumbnails in this photobucket folder that I can see. I was attempting to use this picture:

In my photobucket folder it claims it is 4K (160x125 pixels). When I paste it into signature, it suddenly becomes over 17K... but pixels remain the same.

the image you see that is less than 4k is the THUMBNAIL. If you click on that picture, you get the full size image and that is >17k

The "IMG" code you click on under that <4k pic will post the REAL picture, not the thumbnail that is above it. That's why you are getting an image of >17k

Guest AaronsMom

the image you see that is less than 4k is the THUMBNAIL. If you click on that picture, you get the full size image and that is >17k

The "IMG" code you click on under that <4k pic will post the REAL picture, not the thumbnail that is above it. That's why you are getting an image of >17k

Thanks, I guess I see no way with my limited computer and camera ability to get a picture less than the 15K rqeuired for signature. When I shrink them down to fit the pixel size they greatly increase in k-bytes.... I've experimented quite a bit today.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest act2redux

trying once again...http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/act2redux/IMGP0004-1.jpg?t=1211483857

sooooo...did it work?

ok...I thought it was gonna paste it in there for me??/ no?? I got all the way to the tail end of the instructions, even had photo bucket resize it into the new and improved size requirements!

Edited by act2redux

Guest act2redux

ok...this??Echo

ok..I did get it to put in a linky...thats an improvement..but not what I really want!!

So why did it ask for a prompt after it added the "address" of the picture?? Is that where I needed to add the img thingys??

In photobucket...

UNDER the thumbnail of the image you are interested in....

CLICK in the box next to where it says IMG CODE....

(it should say copied once you just click)

Just paste that text into your GT reply box - it already has the img tags you need to show the picture.

should look like this...

[IMG=http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/trudy_w/jet-1.jpg]

• 3 weeks later...
Guest GreytGoolyGee

th_041005-LesawithAzeleas.jpg

Wooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo!!!! So glad you cannot see the dance that I'm doing at my keyboard!! Thank you Jeff!

Guest lionessgrace