Time Change

Jeff

There are about 39 time zones in the world instead of 24 (as popularly believed). This is due to fractional hour offsets and zones with offsets larger than 12 hours near the International Date Line. Some micronations may use offsets that are not recognized by all authorities. For this reason the DISPLAYED time on this forum is a user setting.

Our server time is based on time scale called "Coordinated Universal Time" (abbreviated UTC), which is the basis for the worldwide system of civil time which is sometimes referred to, now colloquially, as "Greenwich Mean Time" (abbreviated GMT). The two terms are often used loosely to refer to time kept on the Greenwich meridian (longitude zero.) This time scale is kept by time laboratories around the world.

Because it is a standard coordinated time, it does not change as many of us do for daylight savings time. If your forum times are off by an hour, you can correct that by clicking MY CONTROLS then on the lower left menu choose BOARD SETTINGS

Ensure your time zone is correct and if the time is still off, UNCHECK or CHECK the box titled Is daylight saving time in effect? depending on the time of year.

all better... B)

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Jeff, could you please reset the inner clocks of my dogs? They are demanding to be fed on the old time. They need to be set to the new time. Any help appreciated or else it's gonna get ugly around here. :)

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

thank you! I know its a little crazy to worry over a thing like that, but it was making me crazy!

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Our server time is based on time scale called "Coordinated Universal Time" (abbreviated UTC), which is the basis for the worldwide system of civil time which is sometimes referred to, now colloquially, as "Greenwich Mean Time" (abbreviated GMT). The two terms are often used loosely to refer to time kept on the Greenwich meridian (longitude zero.) This time scale is kept by time laboratories around the world.

1723394[/snapback]

:huh

You know, you could be making all that up and I wouldn't know the difference. :lol:lol

"Greenwich Mean Time" = Greenie Meanie Time :rofl

OK, I'll go back in my corner now. :blush

Welcome home Quixote (formerly known as Whytell Mango)

JennScoot2.jpg

My Beloved Scooterman October 16, 1998 - October 11, 2007

• 4 weeks later...
Guest myfourbabies

Our time in UK is used as the basis of a worldwide system of civil time?

Figures!

(After all, we are the original and best!) LOL!

:rofl

Edited to add: Wondered why my replies were listed as 1 hour later, Thanks Jeff, all fixed now!

Edited by myfourbabies

You know, you could be making all that up and I wouldn't know the difference.  :lol  :lol

1723904[/snapback]

What makes you think he's not? :P;):lol:lol

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

• 10 months later...

Extra Sleep :D:lol

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

• 4 months later...