Well That Hit Me Like A Ton Of Bricks.

Guest guinness_the_greyt

Anything that was loved is NEVER forgotten. The joys of having an amazing animal live with us is that they leave their memories everywhere......on our couch, in our bedroom, on their dog beds, and most importantly, in our hearts.

I'm sure your sweetie is doing well at the Bridge and felt a connection as you were crying.

I can sure empathize - I found Pepsi's collar in a drawer and wept, :weep feeling my heart breaking all over again - it even has some of her hair still in it. The collar is now draped over a framed photo of her. :gh_run2 Run free Pepsi Wepsi!!

pepsi-2009.jpg?t=1262016678

Guest armanntoo

It has only been a week since Percy left us, and I still start tearing up when I think of him. We took a roll of film in ro be developed, and when I opened up the envelope, there he was staring at me. I started all over again. I only hope that this feeling of loss never leaves me, he was my best friend.

post-4440-1120262685.jpg

Edited by armanntoo

Our collie died on July 3, 1998. I no longer think of him every day, but there are certain stories I tell about him that I cannot get through without tearing up.

Each dog holds a piece of your heart.

The dogs are waiting in heaven; I have believed that for so long--it just has to be true.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

You know - sometimes, when we come across belongings unexpectedly, I often think it's our loved one popping in to let us know they're still around us and they're OK :angelwings

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest hannahmom

Any creature that was truely loved is never really gone as long as those who loved him remember.

Harley was obviously loved and will live forever in your heart. I'm sorry he's gone.

:bighug

Guest packmomcindy

Amanda, I'm crying with you,@#$@!@#$$ they were too damm young to die. they had not finished making us laugh yet. :weep:f_white

Cindy

Guest guinness_the_greyt

There must be something in the air.... my Mom called me from Michigan to tell me she's been teary all day thinking about the summer I was able to go up to Michigan a few years ago....

I asked her why she was teary about it... and she said that Harley was just such a special boy and he had such a wonderful time that summer. She said she wished Harley and I could come back for the summer.

Yeah Mom, me too! :sad1

Guest OnecoRose

I lost my Chloe, after 11 years, and miss her EVERY day. She was the love of our lives. I have her pictures all over and will keep them out. We adopted another Dec 20, right before Christmas, and it did help heal the heart. I love them both equally.

It's those moments that sneak up on you that can be the most difficult. The pain just takes

your breath away. But it is because we love them so much. If only we could have had

them with us longer. From reading everyone's response, it is easy to see that we have all

been there. Please know you are not alone and we are all with you.

:bighug

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I know just how you feel - it was a sad weekend for me too...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest Phoebesmom

I know exactly how you feel. It's terrible isn't it? I am sorry you had to have the hurt rush up again. Hugs, Deb

I'm so sorry. :candle

I catch a glance of Renie, and just for a moment I think Molly is there. :(

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest guinness_the_greyt
I'm so sorry. :candle

I catch a glance of Renie, and just for a moment I think Molly is there.  :(

1537064[/snapback]

You know what's really gotten me....

more then once when the crew has gotten me up in the middle of the night fussing in the back yard and I have to go open the slider and tell them to get their lil keester in the dogdoor....

I have stood their with the slider open waiting for Mr Arthritis.... Mr Must Secure the Perimeter... Mr Must Pee One More Time... Mr Love of My Life....

And I call for him....

it kills me every time.