Well That Hit Me Like A Ton Of Bricks.

Guest guinness_the_greyt

Guest guinness_the_greyt

You think you're over it... It's been 6 months...

You can talk about him again... and laugh about all his little quirks...

You can finally put pictures of him out....

You can praise and appreciate peoples dogs that look like him....

You can fall asleep now without needing to hear his snoring....

You find yourself in your new routine...

And then the day comes when you're rooting around in the back of the closet looking for a rogue vacuum attachment.... And there it is... his collar... the one he died in... the one that you couldn't handle seeing but couldn't handle throwing away...

And it brings you to your ()&@$ knees.

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes

:grouphug

Sometimes memories remind us we are alive. Look to the heavens and find his star and say a little prayer.

I'm sorry for your loss f_yellow

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug Sending hugs...I know your feelings so well. :(

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

My dog has been gone for three years this past May...I still think of her at least once a day.

(I was just thinking last night after reading about Misser Pink how you were doing about Harley....It's OK to still be grieving...VERY MUCH Ok ) :f_red

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Guest patti909

I am so sorry for your loss. I am not sure it ever gets easier. My son has my golden's (he passed almost 2 years ago) collar hanging in his room and I tear up every time I see it.

Its been a year and a half for me.... I still have a hard time with it... Don't rush yourself.. Just think of the good times that you had...

<b>These of course are just my humble opinions and in no way express the thoughts or ideas of the management, staff or members of this or any other board.. </b>
James River Greyhounds, Richmond VA
Homer, Gunnar and Scarlett,... Bridge Kids, Belle, Toby, Tanner, Pumpkin, Dimples and Tyrone, Willis, Duncan, Clea,Cable and Gracie

Guest Snowy8

I found Bool's soccer ball in the closet one day...broke my heart all over again.

When I found his hair on his old collar...I remembered the day Brogan looked at me as the vet & I helped him to the bridge.

Thank you for sharing...

:grouphug It brings back how very much you loved him. :grouphug Edited by foxysmom

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest cnewsome

I sure does... :(

It's been over two years that my Bullet is gone, I still can't get over it... I know how you feel... :(

My beloved Claire died 10 years ago (July 4th). She was with me for 17 years. I keep the little bed that I made for her in a box in my closet. It still brings me to tears to open that box.

I think we still cry because the love we have for our "angels" doesn't ever die. Honestly, I don't want it to--I'll take the bouts of tears in order to have the loving memories.

:grouphug

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Guest guinness_the_greyt

I'll tell you what..... When I make it to heaven... If Harley isn't there with me then I'm not staying!

Guest skinnydog

We recently moved. The most stressful thing for me was packing the old girl's leash, collar, and her ashes. I miss her soooo much.