Farewell Tribute To Oliver

macoduck

It's the little things about the biggest dog in our home that hit me after he was gone.

One less food bowl to fill. Having the bathroom to myself without him demanding ear scritches. Having to carry extra bags on our walks cuz by gosh that boy loved to poop on a walk. Touching his nose to his Storm Defender cape to tell me a bad one was coming and to please put it on me Mom - now! The dog beds lie flat without him there to fluff them all up.

And now he's gone. Free from pain. In his last hours it was probably a stroke that got him.

My boy, Oliver. To his daddy, Sir Oliver Begs a lot. To Gracie and Pudge, big brother.

DSC00964_edited.jpg

DSC00989_edited.jpg

newguy023.jpg

blinkmotivator.jpg

DSC01532.jpg

DSC01652_edited.jpg

DSC02119.jpg

DSC02578-1.jpg

DSC02453.jpg

DSC02654_edited.jpg

olivergracie.jpg

sunshinemotivator-1.jpg

JJ Special Agent 8/1/94-7/2/07

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jeannejj

I am so sorry for your loss of Oliver. May the beautiful memories stored in your heart bring you peace and comfort.

Run free, sweet Oliver.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

Guest argolola

I am typing through tears as I look at his precious face and read your loving tribute. There are no words, so I will borrow this:

"Goodnight Sweet Prince. And flights of Angels sing thee to thy rest" - William Shakespeare

Run free with the other puppy angels.

It's always the emptyness that's the hardest to see.

Tina dogmom to Rocket and Angels Cofax (my girl) 5/9/01-7/1/10(OS), ReRun (my boy)(4/18/95-4/19/07 Heart tumor)) Dedicating my life as much as I could - to keeping the smile alive of my Lambie Pie - lost 12/04 to Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever.... & then there's the hubby - Bob

.... http://www.freewebs.com/3nofleas/ .

Guest Tenderhearts

Oh Ducky! :cry1 :cry1 I am still trying to absorb that he is gone, so I can only imagine how you feel.

I completely understand the little things with the biggest dog.

Thank you so much for sharing your Oliver with all of here at GT. It makes me smile to think perhaps he and Lori Ann are having a nesting contest up there :)

Sending lots of gentle Kansas hugs your way, and may God hold your aching hearts in his hands :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Guest PhillyPups

Oh Ducky, I so feel your pain and the love Oliver has now and always. They never truly leave, as their pawprint is forever embedded on our heart. :bighug to you,

Run with the angels Oliver, you are with some of the very best.

I am so sorry about Oliver passing. They are never with us long enough are they? I hope that in the days ahead, the wonderful memories that your family shared with Oliver will bring your comfort and joy.

Carol Ann

:f_red:f_red:f_red

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Godspeed handsome silly boy.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Im so sorry... My heart goes out to you :grouphug

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Guest WarmheartedPups

Oliver sounds like he was a very special boy....and so handsome.

I am so very sorry for your loss.

f_yellow

Guest trevdog

I'm so sorry, what beautiful pictures of him. I can tell he is much loved....and such a touching tribute. I'm sure he was greeted by many and will be with you always......