Prayers For Mr. Baby

My big male, Mr. Baby, started having problems with his hind end very suddenly this morning. He was knuckling under his left hind foot and falling all over the place. Front end was ok. I managed to get him outside to pee and back in the house. One of my vets was at the clinic this morning, so I took him in to be seen. Anyway, she pressed on his spine all the way up, and did the forcep pinching of his toes on that foot, and he had very little pain response to that. She thinks he may have (and here I can't remember exactly what she said) a compressed disc or a slipped disc. I wish I had had someone with me to take notes. She was going to put him on a muscle relaxer and steroids and keep him overnight, then do x-rays in the morning. I'm very worried about him. If this is something he can recover from, I'm hoping I can manage by myself. I got him in the car by myself, but it's very difficult to manuver a 70+ pound dog who can't help much.

To my next question, I've seen the Bottom's Up Leash, and I wondered if any of you have had any experience with it, or can recommend something like it that would help.

I would appreciate your prayers for my sweet boy. Out of all my greys, he's the most calm and loving. I just hate to see him like this.

IMG_0794.jpg

tivvy-gigi-heaven-gabby-2.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Blaze, Rodney, Lady, Spice, Sarahlee, Callie and Baby

Sending lots of prayers for your sweet boy.

PM KyGrey. She used a bottoms-up-type leash for her LeeLee, and I think she tried some other things as well.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Energy11

Carol Becker from God's Greyts Greyhound group, make an assist harness, which many friends of mine has used with great success. You might want to contact her. godsgreyts@mac.com

Good Luck!

Oh Pat, I'm sorry your Baby is having problems. Prayers that it's nothing really serious.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest monasmom

Poor Mr. Baby! And poor you! I had a dog whose hind end seemed to give out all of a sudden with now apparent back pain. It turned out to be vestibular syndrome, which causes balance problems. She was splaying her back legs to keep from falling. Look at Mr. Baby's eyes with a flashlight. If they're twitching back and forth, that's one sign that it might be this (curable and common) syndrome. If it isn't that, I hope it is something minor. :goodluck

Guest greygirls2

Sending prayers and white light for your Mr. Baby....he looks like such a sweetie. I hope everything turns out well for him and he's good as new very soon.

Guest KyGrey
Sending lots of prayers for your sweet boy.

PM KyGrey. She used a bottoms-up-type leash for her LeeLee, and I think she tried some other things as well.

Jey, thank you for pointing her in my direction. I PM'd her to see if I can be of help with Mr. Baby. I am willing to send Lee Lee's harness if she thinks it might help him.

Edited by KyGrey

Sending prayers for your Baby.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest IrskasMom

I just want to cuddle that sweet Boy Baby . For right now , maybe a Towl or Scarf can help . Hope Baby can overcome

what is bothering him . :grouphug:hope:grouphug:hope:grouphug

Poor Mr. Baby! And poor you! I had a dog whose hind end seemed to give out all of a sudden with now apparent back pain. It turned out to be vestibular syndrome, which causes balance problems. She was splaying her back legs to keep from falling. Look at Mr. Baby's eyes with a flashlight. If they're twitching back and forth, that's one sign that it might be this (curable and common) syndrome. If it isn't that, I hope it is something minor. :goodluck

His eyes were fine. That's the first thing the vet checked. And, thank goodness, he didn't seem to be in any pain at all. Don't know if that is good sign or not. I'm waiting for a call back from the vet to hear the latest. I forgot to mention LS and FCE to her, and I printed out Dr. Stack's article on LS. From reading it though, I don't think that's his problem. Oh, how I wish they could talk and tell us where it hurts!!

tivvy-gigi-heaven-gabby-2.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Blaze, Rodney, Lady, Spice, Sarahlee, Callie and Baby

Pat,

I'm so sorry about Baby...we were just talking about him yesterday. You should/could have called me this morning.

If you need to go pick him up tomorrow -- I'll be working from home. Yeah, it'll take a bit for me to get there, but I can come help you if you let me know....

Prayers for Mr. Baby ...

Lee: (RR's Busy): Oswald Cobblepot X Lively Layla (10/14/97 - 01/22/10) ; Cool: (P's Cool Runner): P's Raising Cain X My Cool Runner (3/3/97 - 12/26/09) ; Nutty: (Itsanutterbutter): State of the Art X Itsalmostsaintly ; Waterproof: (KB's Waterproof): Oshkosh Slammer X Special Lady* ; Sadie: my sweet silly girl: 5/5/98 - 11/26/05

Guest paulamariez

What a beautiful boy Mr. Baby is! Absolutely gorgeous! I am sending lots of healing prayers, love and light to your sweet Baby.

Guest goodtimekid

No advice, but wanted to let you know we're praying for Baby to feel better very soon....

Edited by goodtimekid

:goodluck for Mr. Baby.

Having just had Cora go through it, I wouldn't wish an FCE on any dog, but it's better than a disk problem. Cora too was weak on one side and not in any apparent pain, and that was most of what caused my vet to think it was an FCE rather than a disk. Also: her front leg on the same side was affected, so a disk problem would have to be in her neck, but her neck was not sore.

Time is really the only medicine for an FCE, although some treat with steroids; we couldn't because Cora was on an NSAID.

I sure hope Mr. Baby recovers quickly and completely.

Edited by GreyPoopon

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)