Paradise Crossed The Bridge

Finigan

Guest auntiesara

I'm so sorry for the Tragic loss of Paradise. Angel Rosie is helping him get acquainted with all his new friends while he waits to be reunited with you....

Sara

I'm very sorry to hear of your tragic loss :cry1

Run like the wind up there Paradise whilst you wait for your family to join you :heart

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

My deepest sympathy to you in your tragic loss of such a beautiful baby. May all your memories bring you comfort at this time and know we are all here for you.Run free sweetheart, you are now in "Paradise."As I always say."Somewhere Over THe Rainbow" we will all meet n greet one more time. :f_pink:gh_run:gh_run

Brigitte, I'm so sorry about Disey! I know when we saw you the other night you said he wasn't doing well, but I'd hoped he'd bounce back, just like he had so many times before. He was a beautiful baby and he put up a good fight for so long. Hugs to you and Scott.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm posting this later than I wanted to, but I just had to add my condolences. Paradise was just a very special boy who was loved by many, many people. When he was first rescued by GAC, no one knew for sure how long we would have him with us. He was very sick even then, but we all held out hope for him.

When he went to live with Brigitte and Scott, I knew he would be taken care of....I didn't realize just how well taken care of he would be. Brigitte and Scott made sure they stuck strictly to Dise's diet. Brigitte would show up at show & tells with jam & toast sandwiches for Dise since he couldn't have the regular biscuits all the other dogs could have. She didn't want him to feel left out.

When Dise turned 2 years old (a milestone for Dise), Brigitte and Scott had a birthday party for him and what a wonderful turnout of people and dogs there were! Brigitte made special dog treats for all the dogs, but most importantly, Dise could eat them too. It was heartwarming to see everyone who cared so much about him. Dise got lots of gifts, including a pillow with his picture on it that was lovingly made by one of GAC's volunteers. We took lots and lots of pictures and Scott put them all on a DVD so we could enjoy the day long after it ended. It is a special DVD for me to have now and I will always cherish it.

Brigitte, I know this has been very, very hard on you, but please know that you have a LOT of people who are thinking about you. I know how extremely hard it is losing your first greyhound. The pain can be unbearable at times. But, know that you have us here for you. You took such wonderful care of Paradise that he lived much longer than we could have ever hoped. You were fighting a battle against his body and it's always a battle that we end up losing.

He was truly lucky to have found your home and I know he realized just how much you and Scott loved him. Phaelin will miss his lil' brother but one day they will be together again. And, I truly believe you will see Dise again one day too. Please hang in there and keep remembering all the good times you and he had.

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound