Does It Get Easier

Guest skinnydog

Guest skinnydog

I'm sitting here at the computer, crying. I still miss Gramma so much. Even though I know she's pain free, and running like the wind; I'd give anything to have her here for just 5 minutes more.

post-15-1093144567.jpg

Edited by skinnydog

:grouphug I'm sorry :sad1

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Guest how888

They say time heals all wounds.No, it hasn't gotten any easier for me.I miss Howie more than words can express. Nike is such a beautiful companion for us and helps somewhat but nobody can ever imagine what it feels like to lose your soulmate until it happens. Howie is in our hearts forever. I hurt for you for I know that feeling. God send his angels to comfort you at this time.Godspeed!! May your memories bring you some peace. :gh_run:gh_run You just have to believe in your heart, that you will see them once again, Somewhere Over The Rainbow and ........... just believe in your heart they will send you a sign. :bighug

It's normal to hurt for a long time. What I have found is that the times of hurt get further apart. You should take time to mourn, but in my opinion, not dwell. It took me several years to be able to talk about Eliza. Every time I post about Rimadyl I cry a lot and it's been almost 6 years. I cannot, for my health and my current grey's well beings dwell on it. I would go crazy and that would not do anyone any good.

I had Scooby 8 months. If I really start thinking about him, and posting, like right now, I am teary eyed. He touched me deeply. Jesse eating June bugs--the next year when the June bugs showed up I sobbed. Every time I read about a grey digging, I think of her digging away butt up in the air and tail going a mile a minute! What I'd give to have her digging away again :) Trevor loving the king size bed, Burp tossing stuffies and stomping if his 10 o'clock snack was late, SieSie nitting her stuffy or chasing the lawn mower, Shadow flying through the air with all four feet off the ground just a few months after he came here & I wasn't sure he would live, Jodie grinning at me, Solo chattering when I came home, Chrissy grinning when she did something wrong and I hadn't even found out what yet.....

Memories--tears & smiles. I guess I have accumulated more smiles than tears. I have been blessed.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest argolola

You will have good days and bad days. Sometimes it's easier to handle and other times something will set off a crying spree. Rest assured that you are normal.

Your Gramma sure was a pretty girl. We are all here for you. God bless.

Yes, it does get easier. Eventually you will be able to remember Gramma without that pain through the heart, and you'll be able to look at her pictures and remember the good times.

It took me a year to be able to look at Susan's pictures without hurting, and it still does hurt sometimes. But I can now look at her and dwell more on what a beautiful, sweet dog she was, than on the pain of her illness and loss. I think that the more traumatic the losing, the harder it is to cope with.

:bighug:f_pink

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Guest mantis

For me the hurt is still there when I think of Jerry but it is not quite as sharp. Does it get easier? I'd like to think so and I guess that it has a little, but I find myself thinking more and more about him lately. Just this morning I came home and called Suzie, Jerry and didn't even realise that I did it until afterwards. But it has been one of those days. As long as you keep them close to your heart they never really leave us.

Yes, it gets easier. In time, you will probably think about Gramma just as often, but the thoughts will make you smile rather than cry. ...:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest auntiesara

It's very hard. I know they are happy and painfree too. Sometimes I have second thoughts-did we put them to sleep too soon? I know there was no hope and there was nothing more the vet could do . It helped me somewhat to adopt someone new,because I had to focus attention on them and I think the grieving siblings felt better. On the other hand I keep doing things like saving the heel of the bread for Rosie and then I remember she has been gone for a month. Their "dad" did most of the hospice care and he says he has never felt so depressed in his life,since he didn't recover from losing his Heartdog, FaeRae before Rosie got sick. I think eventually you will have brighter moments and be able to talk about garling Gramma without bursting into tears.

Sara

Ironically reading this exactly three months after I lost my Rascal it sure doesn't seem so. I agree with some others that the bad times get further apart but the bad days still bring me to tears.

I have two other wonderful dogs who I love dearly but the hole left here is monsterous.

Good luck with having more good than bad days.

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Guest BellaDonna1

I have thought about your question a lot. I agree with most people that in time it does get better but there is always something that makes us think about them precious angels. My bella donna would have been 15 in November and as the month comes I keep thinking about her and then I come home and see my Dottie, who is the same age as Bella Donna was, and she still can dig a hole to China. We are sooooooooooooooooo blessed with these precious greyhounds in our lifes. Look at the time we have with them and in time you will smile and laugh because you remember the sweet thoughts of these babies. That is what keeps me going with greyhounds. They are so precious beyond anything else. thank you for listening to me. jan

Guest SequelIsEqual

It's been a month since we lost Sequel, suddenly and unexpectedly. Overall, yes, it is easier now than it was three weeks ago, or last week. Tears still flow, anger at cruel fate erupts, but we're better able to think through the hurt and anger. I ache for you, especially your wishing you could have Gramma with you just five minutes more. But when I think how much I grieved when my other dogs--all loved as if each were the first and only-- passed on, I realize that it does get easier. It must. Otherwise, we would never have another dog after the loss of our first.

:f_white I hope your pain will ease soon. Hugs--

Guest greyhoundude

I lost my Rush on April 8 and then Steel passed on May 24th. Yeah, it's tough, especially losing two greys in six weeks. As time passes, however, I mainly think of all the good times I had with them. When I think of them, which is quite often, there's a brief feeling of sadness, quickly followed by an overall feeling of contentment from simply realizing how much we added to each others lives. Hang in there.

Guest mleg2001

Tears will still comes even years from now, but the pain does get less, and you will find yourself smiling more when you think about the good times together

Guest Sam_Roscoes_Mom

Roscoe has been gone six months and I still miss him so bad. I have lots of good thoughts about him too like opening a loaf of bread and he knew the sound and would come running because he loved bread. His eyes would light up at the tought of getting a peice of bread and I smile.

I also find myself looking at a rainbow after a rain and I think of Roscoe waiting for me and we cross together into heaven. So I would say I am getting some better but I still miss this old man so much.

Guest breezeinn

Yes it does get easier. My dear sweet Tiffany (a min. poodle) just crossed over last Friday suddenly from congestive heart failure. Her sister, Sasha, crossed this past Feb. Both were pushing 15 and had health problems. I miss them...I just miss everything about them. I adopted our first grey in March and I am glad he is here. It helps transfer some of the hurt into joy when I see him being goofy or just lying there sleeping. I've had to let 7 of my puppers go over my adult life and every single one is hard. But my heart is so full of love for dogs that I turn right around and add another one, two or three to my life.......and I do it for me as well as to honor those I had because those that have crossed over know they were spoiled rotten and want me to carry on and spoil some more. I also know that my Tiffany and Sasha are now torrmenting their brother O.D. (who crossed over at age 5 from kidney failure...that was really tough). Give yourself time to remember the wonderful times with your Gramma. And then let your heart open to giving all that love to another pupper. Gramma wants you to spoil someone else rotten too! :grouphug A group hug from me and all my puppers.