Bagel Bed Sale - Update 8/28 *Any size $89*

Since our beloved slumber balls are no more, I'm sharing the next best thing. These bagel beds have been popular with all three of my hounds. Some colors are being retired and are super discounted:

https://bessieandbarnie.com/collections/bagel-bed-pre-assembled?auth=true

They are a bit of a PITA to reassemble after washing the cover, but the 360° zipper helps. 

Edited by ramonaghan
  • Like 2

53827132849_248d9686fd_o.jpg

Rachel with Doolin Doodle Dooooo, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our gorgeous, gutsy girlhounds
 Sweep and Willa:heart

• ramonaghan changed the title to Bagel Bed Sale - Update 8/28 *Any size $89*

All sizes are on sale for $89 for Labor Day. https://bessieandbarnie.com/

I just ordered another. We need a new insert for ours and a replacement is $79. For $10 more, I might as well have the spare cover too!

Rachel with Doolin Doodle Dooooo, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our gorgeous, gutsy girlhounds

Hmm, I am thinking about getting one of these.  I no longer have any greyhounds but have a 41 lb. whippet what size do you think would work? He is a nester and does like to curl up like all of my greyhounds did.  Thank you

9 minutes ago, Scooby172 said:

Hmm, I am thinking about getting one of these.  I no longer have any greyhounds but have a 41 lb. whippet what size do you think would work? He is a nester and does like to curl up like all of my greyhounds did.  Thank you

I'd say a medium. Mine is a large and it has fit my 60-65lb girls with room to spare and my 76lb boy is on it all the time as well.

Perfect, I was in between large and medium.  Medium makes sense.  Thank you again, although I absolutely love my whippet, I miss my greyhounds and always know I can depend on greyhound people for support and information. Hoping for another greyhound in the future.

• Like 1

Aww Doolin. Do they have trouble getting in and out of them? Asking for some old friends ;) 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Just now, FiveRoooooers said:

Aww Doolin. Do they have trouble getting in and out of them? Asking for some old friends ;) 

Nope, even in her golden years and as a tripod Sweep didn't have trouble, though she'd flattened it pretty well by then anyway.

Good to know. (Sweep :heart)

We’re all set here, btw ;) Just askin. 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

On 8/28/2024 at 10:43 AM, ramonaghan said:

All sizes are on sale for $89 for Labor Day. https://bessieandbarnie.com/

I just ordered another. We need a new insert for ours and a replacement is $79. For $10 more, I might as well have the spare cover too!

Journey is getting one for her gotcha day and she will have a bed in the sunshine by the door now that the cat tree found a new home.  So Thank you for sharing a good sale!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MP_the4pack said:

Update:

HUGE hit. Good thing I bought 4. All dogs are going to want their own.

Yay! Good thing you color-coordinated too. :lol 

Just arrived today,  will try it out tomorrow night and let you know how she liked it.  If it does not work Doolin might be getting a special delivery from Journey.  She might trade it if Doolin takes her to some of the places Doolin and previous hounds have played at.  She thinks they look fun and more exciting than her options.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 1Moregrey said:

Just arrived today,  will try it out tomorrow night and let you know how she liked it.  If it does not work Doolin might be getting a special delivery from Journey.  She might trade it if Doolin takes her to some of the places Doolin and previous hounds have played at.  She thinks they look fun and more exciting than her options.

I'm willing to bet she'll like it! It took Pavi a night or two to realize it was not in fact a giant stuffy, and then she took it over. Doolin has enjoyed having it back to himself.

She did end up sleeping on it by morning,  I do not think it was done expanding she got in it and she could feel the floor and hear it as sit hit she pooped back up.  Spoiled little girl might need an orthopedic pad or another bed underneath.  Her slumber ball has an orthopedic bottom and an orthopedic bed under.  I think I am raising a princess and the pea tester.  So spoiled,  sorry Doolin I think she is keeping the bed.

• Like 1

The center pillow is a pretty flat little thing. You can always pop another pillow in the middle for extra support. :thumbs-up 

• 1 month later...

it's oct and they are still on sale- see it listed on FB all the time.

I just pulled an old slumber ball down from the attic. It's basically 2 covers- the interior gave way and I started using one of the covers to hold the stuffing and now old bed pillows together. i am amazed that the covers are in really good shape. i started using majestic bagel beds. durable cover, washes well(40" and above the covers come off) and scratch proof. amazon seems to always have them on sale.

Sigh, these are so tempting. "Thanks" Rachel :lol

• Haha 1