Two Greys travelling on back seat?....

Lw27

Hi All, 

Had my Male greyhound for a year and a bit now. I would love to get a second, no issue financially or work/house wise.. My issue is the car. 

I have a work vehicle which I use for private use too, it's a 2020 Toyota Hilux. At the moment my dog goes across the back seat in a hammock, the truck doesn't have a canopy on the back. I can't justify or afford another personal vehicle purely for dog transport. 

Does anyone have experience of getting two Greyhounds along the back seats? When he stands there doesn't look much room but when hes settled he seems to take up half the space. 

I guess I could try and get a canopy for the truck bed but then the dog would be out of view. 

Am I mad for considering this or should I just accept getting a second isn't viable? Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks.

They should be fine. I’d muzzle both of them just to be safe.

I’ve had 3 Greys … muzzled… in the back seat with a hammock.  Not ideal, but for a short trip it was fine.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I have taken two in small sedans cross country just fine in the back seat.  I also hook them into the seatbelt to encourage sharing of the seat.  Made plenty of 35 hour trips to vacation destinations and around town no problem.  Also transported three in a small station wagon my two and a transport dog to group (all muzzled).  As long as they travel well you should be fine just remember there muzzles and start with short trips.  Mine also had there side of the car which was the same as the crate setup at home.

I've done it. If you have a dog who's really sensitive about space it may not work, but otherwise it should. I would look into switching from the hammock to the inflatable things you can put on the floor space behind the front seats and then put beds down over those. Will likely give them a little more flat space and make it feel more stable. I'll see if I can find a link to what I'm talking about.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

We were just discussing this. My two get along famously, they are always on top of each other, but if I had any concerns at all they would be muzzled.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.